Lt. Commander
theres a exploit at the 1st turn in the surf race that certain uum "people" can't seem to resist using. they cut the corner and go over the small rocks instead of staying on course and using the ramps. if you run the race fair and they do this you are certain to never place 1st...and rarely 2nd or 3rd. i've been trying for weeks to get 1st but can't due to these "people". it always seems to be the same "people" as well. i hope you'll fix this, but doubt it...

and for the special lil "people" who do this (and you know who you are) i ask why? why do you do it over and over again never letting anyone else get 1st for the accolade? are you really THAT greedy? what are you going to do w/a million monkey tags n' favors? just think about letting others have a chance every once and a while. i'm sure you won't, but think...

i'm done
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Why don't you just cut the corner too?

I just ran the race 20 times... got me the accolade too...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 3
06-22-2014, 12:48 PM
How is this a problem? It's still legally on the course.

If anything that really needs fixed is grabbing the flag at the end.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 4
06-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah seriously, why are you acting the victim here? Just do what they are doing.

Also yes, that flag has to go.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

Last edited by peetapipmac; 06-22-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-22-2014, 12:59 PM
At least half of that rocky outcropping is within bounds, going by the lights and arrow markers. As for cutting that long curve, my personal rule is that I never do it... first. If I see someone else going for it, I do , too, because I'm not going to let someone else just win out of some misguided ethics of staying in bounds. I can see why there's some leeway with the boundaries, given how much the boards slalom on straight runs, but it really doesn't need to be so wide at that long curve before gate 1.
Captain
# 6
06-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
How is this a problem? It's still legally on the course.

If anything that really needs fixed is grabbing the flag at the end.
no, its oob. its not quite the same as the winter cliff jump, but its there all the same.
its not as annoying to me as the "reload" time on the speed boosts though.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Career Officer
# 7
06-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaitan100 View Post
theres a exploit at the 1st turn in the surf race that certain uum "people" can't seem to resist using. they cut the corner and go over the small rocks instead of staying on course and using the ramps. if you run the race fair and they do this you are certain to never place 1st...and rarely 2nd or 3rd. i've been trying for weeks to get 1st but can't due to these "people". it always seems to be the same "people" as well. i hope you'll fix this, but doubt it...

and for the special lil "people" who do this (and you know who you are) i ask why? why do you do it over and over again never letting anyone else get 1st for the accolade? are you really THAT greedy? what are you going to do w/a million monkey tags n' favors? just think about letting others have a chance every once and a while. i'm sure you won't, but think...

i'm done
i havent seen the devs put any pressing need to add a strict dq outside track limits with the bouys and since everyone else does it and its clearly legal as far as the game has it, im not gonna lose a few seconds going over the ramp when i could just jump over the sandy area to ramp 2. if you want to win races you have to be aggressive, smart but not reckless or arrogant. the ramps dont offer a strong enough incentive to use them and in fact its more advantageous by going around them. if the devs ever sort the boosters out properly and i mean more then making them reappear but making them reliable as well, then they will be used.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Career Officer
# 8
06-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
no, its oob. its not quite the same as the winter cliff jump, but its there all the same.
its not as annoying to me as the "reload" time on the speed boosts though.
Come now, that's way over exaggerating it. That cliff was a MAJOR shortcut, while this is a tiny one. And on top of it, its a gamble because if you don't jump just right, you could very well lose that small advantage.

IMHO, they should've provided more obstacles that requires player skill, than these stupid speed buffs. Then it would feel more like a race than "I got the fastest board with a fast ISP connection". Just look at the Winter PvP race, its more about skill since you got to know how to handle your character on the ice.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 9
06-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Deleted my post to avoid offence now i've calmed down...

Suffice to say drop the 'grab the flag' bit at the end of the race. It's a direct insult to those who are able to come first.

Got it devs? Good...
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 06-22-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Captain
# 10
06-22-2014, 02:00 PM
It is the easier way, why not do it?

That first ramp kept throwing me off the track. I saw someone using this sort of shortcut and started using it as well. At times I screw it up, at times people using the ramp are actually faster.

Either way, that race (and any race) is all about trying to find the way that you manage the best and the fastest.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!