Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Survivor of Romulus
Greetings STO Community,

Jupiter Force is proud to announce that we will be holding a Community Event on 21 June 2014. Sharpen your Lirpas, Swords, and Bat’leths because this will be a "Bat'leth" Tournament. This is one of our internal events that we have been running for the past 2 years that we would like to bring to the community. Our Events Team will be running this tournament and due to logistical reasons have decided to limit the max number of participants to 36. The Top 3 winners will be award a prize based on where they place. Members of Jupiter Force will not be eligible for these prizes.

Prizes:
  • Tournament Champion: Tuffli Freighter (Approx. 56 Million)
  • Tournament Runner-Up: Fleet Ship Mod (Approx. 10 Million)
  • Tournament 2nd Runner-Up: 5 Million EC
  • Tournament Participants: Duty Officer Pack as a Thank You

Door Prize:
  • 3 Ultimate Gaming Cards
  • Random Drawing for Participates

Map:
Deserted Facility (Raised Platform)

How to Win:
You Win a match by either killing your opponent or knocking them off the platform

Rules:
The following rules are what we use for this event internally
  • Two fighters enter, one leaves
  • Must use same character through out tournament
  • NO Shields
  • NO Firearms
  • NO Set Bonuses
  • NO Nano-Pulse
  • NO Switching to a 2nd melee weapon during the fight
  • NO Elite Fleet Armor (Gives a Major Healing Bonus)
  • NO Captain Abilities
  • NO Clickable Traits (Species: Gorn Bite, Caitian Pounce, etc.. - Universal: Stubbon, Telekinesis)
  • NO Kit Powers
  • NO Tribble Buffs
  • NO Device Powers
  • DO NOT begin fight until you hear/see "FIGHT" from a referee
  • Each fighter will get one reset if they move early, 2nd time is a DQ from tournament

Banned Reputation Powers
  • Nukara Tier 3 - Cryo Immobilizer Module "Freeze Power"
  • Nukara Tier 3 - Emergency Fix "Chance of HoT"

Tournament Breakdown:
We will begun with a Round Robin segment where each fighter will enter the combat platform and battle each of the fighters in 1 vs 1 combat. Once everyone has fought each other once, the TOP 8 participants will be slotted into a tournament bracket based on there Round Robin record. The bracket will act similar to the playoffs of a sporting event: #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6, and #4 vs #5.

The Championship match will be a 2 out of 3 falls. Winner will be declared Champion, and the loser will be declured the Runner-Up. The losers of the Simi-Final matches will compete in another match to determine 3rd place. This will also be a 2 out of 3 falls.

To sign up for this Community Event all you have to do is post your Character Name & @handle, then show up when the Event starts. Example: John Smith@Johnsmith You may also include your what fleet you are apart of if you would like to represent them

We also have a "sign up sheet" in the public section of our website. (JupiterForce.org/forum.php)

Communication with Jupiter Force:
Join us in-game with the Chat Channel: JFParty & on our Teamspeak Server: ts.jupiterforce.org Password: bat'leth (password won't be active until the day of the event)

Jupiter Force Members
  • Melchob@Ooiue
  • Xal'Quelrin@Quell-Zelnaga
  • Racer@xracer337x
  • T'Narr@Kynx_Bloody
  • maquis@maquis
  • hershey@hrci2907
  • Ketegh@lordoftime94
  • Alzerus@alzerus02

Community Members
  • Khelassa@oyxheart1
  • Michael Barnes@nak3dsnake (The Last Outpost)
  • Curran@captaincurran (REDdit ALERT)
  • Sysil@siyanlis (12th Fleet)
  • Two@SRiley77 (12th Fleet)
  • Kovu@ashkrik23 (Caitian Star Pride)

Last edited by ussmysticone; 06-23-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Captain
# 2
06-04-2014, 03:38 AM
Wow... I didn know you guys still existed.

Good to see you still alive and making community content.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 3
06-04-2014, 04:04 AM
All other armors and passive traits and doffs are fair game?
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-04-2014, 04:28 AM
is this a cross faction event? cause my klingon would love a chance to use her bat'leth in honorable combat

oh also

Khelassa@oyxheart1 would be my entry

just as an aside...i DID just earn the title of bat'leth tournament champion of the House of Nagh Red (a Stonewall affiliated fleet) quite recently i'd be a ringer for this

funny you should mention the gorn bite, the previous champion of my fleet was a gorn...tried to win with that bite, i still killed him before I succumbed to his bIHnuch tactic *growls*
KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~

Last edited by onyxheart1; 06-04-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Yep, you can use any other armor.... elite fleet just have a super heal to it

Cryo Immobilizer Module is the only passive banned, only because it will freeze the other fighter... all others are open

use any Doffs you want, we have yet to say no to any during our internal events

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxheart1 View Post
is this a cross faction event? cause my klingon would love a chance to use her bat'leth in honorable combat
Yes it is.... all characters are welcome regardless of faction

Quote:

just as an aside...i DID just earn the title of bat'leth tournament champion of the House of Nagh Red (a Stonewall affiliated fleet) quite recently i'd be a ringer for this

funny you should mention the gorn bite, the previous champion of my fleet was a gorn...tried to win with that bite, i still killed him before I succumbed to his bIHnuch tactic *growls*
The challenge would be welcomed..... One of the people entering is Jupiter Force's Champion (Dude always wins & and we want to see him lose,lol)

The link to our web site sign up is in the original post.... but I can copy the current participants over here
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
06-04-2014, 05:49 AM
Oh i also had another question, are elite fleet WEAPONS also banned from the tournament like the elite fleet armors? cause the melee weapons are quite powerful

(also elite fleet anything is a bit much if non-fleet players or players in lower tier fleets join the tournament; just saying)

if i have more questions down the road before the tournament starts i'll see about adding them here ^^
KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
06-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Will Pakleds be giving space crit at this event?
Empire Veteran
# 8
06-04-2014, 06:13 AM
EDIT: Never mind. may be out of town that day.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891

Last edited by ashkrik23; 06-04-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Commander
# 9
06-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Quote:

oh also

I look forward to your challenge fellow warrior!
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
06-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post

It has been brought to my attention that I forgot to list another restricted passive
  • Nukara Tier 3 - Emergency Fix "Chance of HoT"

This was banned because of the Heal over Time effect it will give

Last edited by ussmysticone; 06-04-2014 at 04:19 PM.