Commander
If any Devs do read this.
New Romulus is beginning to get abit stale. I have completed all on there,and it starts to get repetitive.
How much longer to wait until theres something new please?????
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
"Beginning" ?

It has been stale for quite some time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I must say while I am slowly collecting the Romulan Marks for certain gear, I find it astonishing how hard it is to get them, when compared to how easy you can get the related Omega Marks.

But I am not much on New Romulus itself anyway, I just prefer space.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 4
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Ah the curse of every MMO ever. Players want content. Game puts out content. Players burn through content quickly. Players want more content.
Career Officer
# 5
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Ah the curse of any mmo ever. The content is there, it is just not as dynamic as real life.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Commander
# 6
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
Ah the curse of every MMO ever. Players want content. Game puts out content. Players burn through content quickly. Players want more content.
Content only lasts so long. Its not a case of burning through it quickly.
I find that you can only get so far with it regardless of your speed.
But regards content,so new stuff would be nice.
Captain
# 7
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
They're a team of 40 people or so. They can only move so fast.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I stopped doing Romulas long ago when I started grinding Epohhs.
Captain
# 9
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Try Foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM
The system Cryptic has used at least since I've seen S7 launched is a 'equal available for all' stance on gear. Can you get sets from random world or instance bosses? AT random? Meaning it doesn't matter how many times you do it there is NO guarantee you will receive it? No, they implement 'reputation systems' which gives it to everyone after criteria are met which works for SOME things in an MMO but not all your end game gear...even with 'timers' on all your 'projects', there is a predictable and obvious end to the quest to get it, with no random chance involved at all. This does not work.

This is why IMO the STF system in itself was good, though tweaking was needed with the way it was laid out. As much as many people complain that it was 'impossible' to obtain all the pieces for a full set because of the RNG, it still required players to engage in the missions and instances and at least you knew every few times you did it you would be able to exchange your EDC(? I cant even remember now) for a piece of Borg Technology whether you got your 'drop' in the STF or not. So yes, people get mad they don't get that piece for their set but at least they weren't bored and finished with the content in a matter of weeks.

I'm not sure why Cryptic hasn't gone to the PvP area, it's MUCH easier to create/add PvP content than PvE content, that's a given. They could have improved the PvP area a lot, then given players reason to delve into that area again for awhile until they could get some more PvE content created. Rinse, repeat if necessary....it's kind of the life cycle the game needs to go through. STO just seems to be stuck in one direction without new 'Season's' bringing the necessary environmental changes.