Commander
# 11
01-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
I'm not sure why Cryptic hasn't gone to the PvP area, it's MUCH easier to create/add PvP content than PvE content, that's a given. They could have improved the PvP area a lot, then given players reason to delve into that area again for awhile until they could get some more PvE content created.
Because we do not have 2 factions.
We have 1.5 factions.

This isn't the result of the KDFs shorter questline but because of a lack of clothing options and balance in ship options, apart from the general feel (altho there's a fair amount of people who tend towards KDF they do not get as many features).

It's plaubile that alongside with a KDF revamp (or afterwards) we would see a wave of KDF c-store ships released, both to balance the factions and reap big moneys... there could be quite a focus on the Klingons for a while.
Fed, KDF & PvP reputation would probably be introduced before or after this, too.

And , uh, then I think they could put some effort into creating more PvP opportunities.

I feel like Nostradamus now... what I really tried to say is: it will probably be a while until we see some proper PvP content.
Captain
# 12
01-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
Ah the curse of every MMO ever. Players want content. Game puts out content. Players burn through content quickly. Players want more content.
By content, if you mean new romulus and his fetch this and tag that quest, it's pretty quick to add.
It's also boring.

I found New Romulus stale the first time I played, and carefully avoid the planet except for the story missions down there. Did I burn through the content ? I'd say I burned through the lack of content.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbehlpnu2012 View Post
I stopped doing Romulas long ago when I started grinding Epohhs.

Yep. Between 100-200 marks a day for winter epohhs, and 400/week or better from the normal epohhs..... sitting on 3k marks currently, with 10k rep still to go until tier 5.

Quote:
By content, if you mean new romulus and his fetch this and tag that quest, it's pretty quick to add.
It's also boring.

I found New Romulus stale the first time I played, and carefully avoid the planet except for the story missions down there. Did I burn through the content ? I'd say I burned through the lack of content.
Thing is, as minor as you find it and as quickly as you blew it off, it still has a great deal of "content" in it - all the art assets for the zone, the cutscenes, several quest instances, music, boff missions, dialogue, etc.... all things that took time & staff to make.

Even if it's content you don't like, it's still content. (As new PvP content would still be content, even if you couldn't pay me real $$$ to go anywhere near that trash.)

Last edited by kiralyn; 01-02-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Captain
# 14
01-02-2013, 08:46 AM
If season 8 story content is locked behind more grind, so help me...

Cryptics main problem is their content designers havnt got a clue how to design FUN. Locking away story behind grind is moronic. At worst Id have made players grind to complete Tier 1, then just released all 5 cut scene content missions at once. Releasing 1 per grind tier doesnt stretch out the usefulness of a new adventure zone, it just makes us loathe a new adventure zone by the time you unlock tier 2. Mind you I grinded up to tier 3 so far just on the space missions, after doing New Romulus ground missions once and saw how boring and drawn out they were.

Cryptic's next dev hire needs to be a fun consultant, because clearly Dan hasnt got a clue on the stuff he signs off on. It is possible to design fun grind, so far Cryptic is incapable of it. The cut scene missions are cool, especially when we are starved for story progression content. But the rest of the zone is an unentertaining waste. The map itself could have been designed for fun, and its not, it relies on its missions for fun, and they are not.

And speaking of poor design talent, I love how the Tholian HQ is laid out like it was made for humans...
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Career Officer
# 15
01-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Stale or not, this zone was the first one that made me feel like STO is a decent MMO. That zone is inspiring. Even if the grinding gets boring FAST.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-02-2013, 09:39 AM
The Romulan adventure zone was stale from the start for me.

I got bored with New Romulus during my very 1st play though.

Some find the adventure zone entertaining but I just found it unappealing.

I have to force myself into going to New Romulus when I start running low on marks, I did not know that I could farm the mice with bows to exchange for marks or I would have been doing that.

I will be hitting T4 in both rep systems today and I'm already dreading the next 2 weeks to T5.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to force myself to get any of my alts to T5 in either rep system.

Cryptic needs to add an STF type mission that rewards Romulan Marks or maybe add some Romulan Marks to the existing STFs.

If there is such a thing has fun grind, I'm sure that this is not it.
Career Officer
# 17
01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I must say while I am slowly collecting the Romulan Marks for certain gear, I find it astonishing how hard it is to get them, when compared to how easy you can get the related Omega Marks.

But I am not much on New Romulus itself anyway, I just prefer space.
For anybody who doesn't do Elite STFs, the complete opposite is true...

I find it astonishing that there are so few ways to get Omega Marks compared to getting Romulan ones.

And please don't go on about how easy ESTFs are... that may be quite true for you, but not for most casual players.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
Career Officer
# 19
01-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post

I have to force myself into going to New Romulus when I start running low on marks, I did not know that I could farm the mice with bows to exchange for marks or I would have been doing that.

I will be hitting T4 in both rep systems today and I'm already dreading the next 2 weeks to T5.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to force myself to get any of my alts to T5 in either rep system.

Cryptic needs to add an STF type mission that rewards Romulan Marks or maybe add some Romulan Marks to the existing STFs.

Is there someone holding a gun to your head saying "you must make tier 5 in all reputation systems in STO by the middle of January or else"? Seriously, if you're not looking forward to the grind DO NOT DO IT. Rather, do something you do enjoy. Coming into the forums and complaining the grind is boring/too mind-numbing/just not fun, then proceeding to go in game and do the grind is counterproductive and just encourages the devs to make more grind.
Captain
# 20
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post

The space daily gives enough marks to last 2 days almost. So just do the daily space. You don't even have to find 5 different ones to do.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution