Ensign
# 1 Dilithium/Reputation
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Greetings,

I don't normally write in the forums, but I am not sure were else to go with it. I have a stock pile of Dilithium ore from the end of season 6, and with the Reputation system set up for major Dilithium uses why can we not do away with the maximum conversion from ore to refined. If your characters can achieve more than 8,000 per day then why should you not be able to convert as much as you earn? What is the purpose? The idea of the game is to feel like you are making progress, that if can make it to the next level you can get those new shinny things you want. Unlike most, I still pay to play, and love the game; however with every new release I am feeling more and more boxed in. At the current rate I will have to wait several months to refine ore into Dilithium (that's saying that I don't receive any new ore). People used to complain about having to run STF's everyday to earn the items, but now with the reputation system I am having to spend my EC, Dilithium, and skill points to get junk items.

Thanks,
Rihannsu
# 2
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
This isn't going to happen. They are making money hand over fist with the current conversion rates on the exchange, removing the refinement cap will just flood the market with it.
Ensign
# 3
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
One can always hope..................
Captain
# 4
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Remove the refinement cap and dilithium prices on everything will go through the roof. Just be aware of that. It doesn't do Cryptic's pocket any good to give you shortcuts to getting everything you want as soon as possible
Career Officer
# 5
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
There's an assignment from the Academy to refine more, but otherwise your money would be better spent going towards Zen to buy refined Dilithium.

Judging by the market prices crashing, that's what many people have been doing.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 6
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
What I would prefer is a dilithium cap per account, not character.

I don't like the fact that because I prefer to play one or two characters fully, I'm limited compared to someone with 16 character slots they farm.
Career Officer
# 7
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
What I would prefer is a dilithium cap per account, not character.

I don't like the fact that because I prefer to play one or two characters fully, I'm limited compared to someone with 16 character slots they farm.

Then buy more character slots. They are cheap. Lifetime members get seven.
Captain
# 8
01-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Did you miss the part where I'd rather play one character four times as much than play four characters?

I mean, I HAVE 7 character slots. I just find it ... pointless hoop-jumping to have to hop characters so I can game the system. Particularly when it seems to run counter to the entire point of a cap in the first place.

Last edited by zahinder; 01-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Did you miss the part where I'd rather play one character four times as much than play four characters?

I mean, I HAVE 7 character slots. I just find it ... pointless hoop-jumping to have to hop characters so I can game the system. Particularly when it seems to run counter to the entire point of a cap in the first place.
It's your CHOICE whether or not to 'farm' with an alt. So if someone else chooses to use an alt to get more dilithium, what difference is that to you? Not like it affects you in any way. In fact, you could make an argument that people who use an alt to get more dilithium are actually keeping the dilihtium exchange rate from totally going to the lower limit. Having a cap per account? That would really send the rate down to 25.

If you just want to play 1 toon, nothing wrong with that. Many people do just that. But there's nothing wrong with people choosing to spend less time with their main in order to spend more time on an alt to get more dilithium either.
# 10
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehus View Post
This isn't going to happen. They are making money hand over fist with the current conversion rates on the exchange, removing the refinement cap will just flood the market with it.
It would be nice, then if they distinguished paying customers from FTPers and removed the refining cap for everyone who pays actual money to play the game. They're making money off of me automatically, and this refining cap is a pain in my tuchus.