Captain
Now last year i never had this issue or be for season 7.

It seems that the game client is taking more Cpu then it should.

For a AMD Athlon II X2 3.20Ghz there should be no reason way this should take up 80 to 90%of the CPU at the most the game should only take 50% or 60% There has to be a issue some where in here.I have 8Gigs of ram.

I even tried to Adjust the Video settings to pretty much nothing and it still took about 70%.

And when you first go to load the game with the Black splash screen it will spike the cpu at 100% for like 3 mins.Is there a reason way this game is taking up so much CPU power.You would figure that for a game that is taking up 90% of a Dual core it would load a lot faster.

But it seems even though the game is take up to 90% of the Cpu it seems to take a longer time to load a lot of times i do not get it.

And i have a 10mb connection.

AMD Athlon II X2 3.20Ghz
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
MSI 870A-G54
1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)
Lieutenant
# 2
01-02-2013, 04:57 AM
on my intell core duo 7400, 2.8 ghz it hardly go pass over 30% cpu usage on max detail.

you can check your pc with http://www.malwarebytes.org/
also try upgrade/downupgrade your graphic drivers.

about loading, when you change zones etc, game dowload some content files, so loading can take a while, depending from your connection.
Captain
# 3
01-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Um i have been dealing with computers for over 15 years i no how to use them.And i have been playing this game for over a year.
Career Officer
# 4
01-02-2013, 08:57 AM
With an old Q9550 (quad-core 2.83 GHz @ 64-bit) I go from about ~30% CPU at launcher login to ~100% CPU when it gets to the Chevron image, then about ~20% CPU at character selection. Depending on the map I'm in, CPU tends to go from about 50 - 60 % CPU.

There are a few GPU/CPU options in the advances video options tab ingame (the button to open the advanced settings can be often missed, it is at the very end of the video options page, and you need to click on it to expand the options inside). I suggest you try out the following:

- Multi-core rendering
- GPU accelerated particles
- Reduce CPU/GPU usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningstar View Post
on my intell core duo 7400, 2.8 ghz it hardly go pass over 30% cpu usage on max detail.

you can check your pc with http://www.malwarebytes.org/
also try upgrade/downupgrade your graphic drivers.

about loading, when you change zones etc, game dowload some content files, so loading can take a while, depending from your connection.
It sounds like you experience this. If you would rather not have to download maps, then you can set the "on-demand" option in the launcher so that the whole game will download for you, one time only.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*