Commander
# 11
04-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
So does that mean for a few seconds the KHG AoE cloak is also near impossible to see through? If so, alot of fun can be had with that.
Like AoE cloaking every KDF at respawn in Kerrat (not shooting) so all the feds believe we have left, then decloaking and attacking.
Much giggles.
That is correct.
Captain
# 12
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post
I'm of the belief that the MACO shield, with its extra damage reduction and power levels proc is far better than the KHG shield, ignoring needing to get set bonuses. Now that both sides have the option of both shields (Admittedly at large expense), I'm tempted to swap to using the MACO shield. Thoughts?
This choice should probably hinge on what you're flying, and where. The KHG shield has that neat little stealth proc that makes it harder to hit you, while the MACO just makes it harder to do damage when they DO hit you.

Back in the day, when the sets were separated and you could get them from drops in the STF's (this would be pre-season7 patch), I used KHG quite effectively on the humble Bird of Prey. *(at that time, mixed with the Borg deflector, console, and engine at first, then just the complete set later)

It's what you're doing with the gear that should influence whether to get, or keep it. I'd likely claim the (Adapated) aka MACO gear is better suited to use on a Raptor or BCruiser, along with the Omega set, but others will have differing views.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Lieutenant
# 13
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
A Positron of the same Mark with [SIF] will net you more shields and better shield healing with the same Hull HP as the Assimlated Deflector, which balanced out better than +5 Aux on my Fleet Tor'Kaht at least and my Kar'fi seems to like the KHG deflector for sciency things, though it looses some Hull HP for it.
Seems reasonable, but my Kamarag likes the assimilated deflector more for the aux bonus and graviton generators, since it can run grav well.
Career Officer
# 14
04-05-2013, 07:49 PM
You can push your opponent to a 75% miss rate with the KHG. That's pretty clutch. It extends to your team. So that's handy. Then there's the passive placate. That's another damage reduction.

But if you're looking for a full time passive that you don't need to be awake for in PVE, go MACO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMArobiYv0Y

There you can actually watch the KHG set working in PvP. It's a great ON USE ability. If you don't like or feel the need for that, it's arguable that the passive placate vs the passive resistance roughly equal each others damage reduction over the course of a match leaving you the passive energy bonus to enjoy with the MACO instead of the on use defense/stealth of KHG.

Cheers.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 04-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Captain
# 15
04-06-2013, 03:28 PM
The khg shield (or adapted maco) is probably the best in game at the moment for pvp. I'm still undecided on elite fleet shields. Seriously, accuracy nerf and free passive placate? God help me.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 04-06-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Commander
# 16
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Adapted Maco Shield + Adapted Maco Engine + Maco Deflector = Win.