Ensign
sorry for nooby question but is it posible to create missions in darkness like http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...1A40AABB4B79A/ this one i mean, and if it's possible how ?
thanks in advance.
Commander
# 2
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
By going through each of the Map Backgrounds I have found darkER maps but nothing that dark.

Ill be keeping an eye on this post for someone that THOSE know!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Ensign
# 3
12-30-2012, 12:57 PM
i have a little story idea, but i need lights turned absolutely off...
Captain
# 4
12-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm making a zombie mission that requires a flashlight, and this is about the darkest that I can make the map. If anyone knows how to make it darker, please tell.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...12/darkmap.jpg

I'm using a night backdrop and platforms to seal the map shut.
Captain
# 5
12-30-2012, 04:22 PM
The only way I've found to reduce visibility further is Weather Heavy Mist. That's not ideal for pure darkness, of course.
Captain
# 6
12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Unless they release the maps from "What Lies Beneath" and "Starbase Incursion", we're limited to night backdrops.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Rihannsu
# 7
12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
When I did Darkness Between the Stars: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5dhusc

I tinkered with ways to make the maps for the Dark Matter Planet REALLY dark.

center uses: Exterior Sky Night Rain 01
on the right: TRD-0720
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 8
12-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Unless they release the maps from "What Lies Beneath" and "Starbase Incursion", we're limited to night backdrops.
hope they will do it soon, using too much effects on the map to make it darker or hard visible makes map too heavy and lagy, so I don't think that is too big problem to import light system to foundry, and give people to chose how lighter map will be or add maps and functions witch already are in game. now foundry is on beta as I can understand, and think they can make epic map-mission editor where peaople can show their potential in creating story line, witch will be greate experience in whole MMO world... hope they will add light system, mep edit system for ground (outdoor and indoor) maps, waypoints for all kind NPCs, atc...

P.S. - Y, and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Last edited by xelluse666; 12-31-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Commander
# 9
01-03-2013, 06:30 AM
I played a map earlier, (forgot the name of it), at the start of the map it said to turn down the Brightness on the options and then told you when to put it back on.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 10
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I played a map earlier, (forgot the name of it), at the start of the map it said to turn down the Brightness on the options and then told you when to put it back on.
HA! Ok, that's funny.