Commander
Another rip off project coming up,banners for feds and manniquins for klingons.
Oh what a surprise(NOT), 200,000 dilithium to pay for this.
In future,how about some useful projects,something functional perhaps on the base.
The ability to upgrade weapons could be a useful project.
I mean,"come on cryptic" banners and manniquins? what a load of old rubbish that is.
Paying out 200,000 dilithium for this,NO THANKYOU.
Expensive rubbish projects at this price? its unfair and unjust.
Not everyone will agree as usual,but i hope some agree with what i am saying.
Unless the cost of these projects comes right down,some players worldwide will get hacked off with STO and leave.
Cryptic/pwe. Please review these heavily expensive prices.
Career Officer
# 2
03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
They are 100% optional. Don't like them, then don't donate to them.

Personally (and here it comes), I like them. They have always been cosmetic changes and while not functional, our fleet likes them. They take a while to fund, but we're in no hurry.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Captain
# 3
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
the 200k projects are for giving large fleets chances to donate, and offer a neat little 'bonus' for your fleet.

If you dont like the 200k pros, dont assign them, if you dont own the fleet your in, ask your leaders not to set them up.
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Well would be nice if the prices scaled according to fleet size, because my fleet can't afford these projects.

BTW, it annoys me these artists pay so little attention to Star Trek. They got the baldric on the right shoulder, but using the wrong model. Just funny they made a new one when they already have the correct one in game.

Well I guess them messing up Star Trek is worth the 200,000 Dilithium investment.

Last edited by azurianstar; 03-13-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
...Don't do them then? If you don't want em, don't do em. There've been complaints since day one (and in the past I would've agreed) but over time these have added a lot of life and interest to the SB I feel.

And honestly, this one WAS coming. Because the KDF-side still had those little platform thingys that had been left empty for awhile, so it wasn't surprising to me, that they'd do the 'switch-a-roo' this time for FPs.

Commander
# 6
03-13-2013, 03:41 PM
I agree with the optional project being a bit of a rip, I wish we got something a bit cooler then exocops and tree's or whatever for the huge amount of dil it costs. I know I will not post another optional project for the fleet until star base and embassy are max level. I think the reason for the optional project is for giving fleet members that have no other way to donate a chance to get fleet credits.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-13-2013, 03:51 PM
yeah, in a 500 man fleet you are glad you got to donate 2k dill

they really should think about reducing fleet size to 250

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 8
03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
They take a while to fund, but we're in no hurry.
DING DING DING DING!
We HAVE a WINNAAAAAAAR!

It's the "gotta have it now!" crowd that finds fault with this sort of thing...

However, I am beginning to wonder if Cryptic HAS any plans to make Starbases useful rather than just a big time and dilithium sink. On that front, I can understand a lot of frustration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 9
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Here's a thought:

Replace 200k Dilithium, with 200k Fleet Marks. Get it? Fleet Marks, to purchase something for the FLEET?

Sure, the 1-man Fleets out there would likely suffer, but atleast then Dilithium could be used for more meaningful purposes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm in a small fleet and the 200,000 Dilithium optional cosmetic projects are painful for the ones we want.

However, they would probably be a lot less painful if every. single. non-cosmetic Embassy project did not also cost Dilithium.

Raptr profile