Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,745
# 1 Another Muppet voice silenced
08-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Jane Henson, wife of legend Jim Henson, and co-founder of the Muppets died of cancer on August 1st.

Jane did more of the actual puppetry work in the 50s and 60s, created some of the technical innovations Muppeteers use, taught Frank Oz to lip sync, was responsible for hiring Steve Whitmire (the current Kermit and Ernie), and performed some muppets on Sesame Street through the 80s. These bits of info and more can be found at her Wikipedia page.

There is also a slide show, sound bite, and memorial on the Jim Henson Company page.


Not sure why this wasn't bigger news. I only found one article when searching for it on Google news. That was doing a little reading in follow up to a Pigs In Space (star trek parody) that I'd made earlier.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 961
# 2
08-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
Not sure why this wasn't bigger news. I only found one article when searching for it on Google news. That was doing a little reading in follow up to a Pigs In Space (star trek parody) that I'd made earlier.
Welcome to the next generation. Even though many of us grew up watching "The Muppets", the younger generation only knows about "Sesame Street". Jim Henson's Muppets, Jim Henson's Story Teller, Fragile Rock, Bill Cosby's Picture Pages, Captain Bob Smith, Bozo the Clown, and Mighty Mouse were voices for a whole different generation.
Career Officer
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 712
# 3
08-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Welcome to the next generation. Even though many of us grew up watching "The Muppets", the younger generation only knows about "Sesame Street". Jim Henson's Muppets, Jim Henson's Story Teller, Fragile Rock, Bill Cosby's Picture Pages, Captain Bob Smith, Bozo the Clown, and Mighty Mouse were voices for a whole different generation.
And Wallace and Ladmo, Captain Kangeroo, Sheri Lewis

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Adonai, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,828
# 4
08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
The older one gets, the more one begins to realize how horrible it would be to live forever...

The world becomes a darker place with the passing of each childhood happy memory, each life-long friend and outliving members of ones own family...



Being a "Highlander" must take all the joy out of life.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,009
# 5
08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
The older one gets, the more one begins to realize how horrible it would be to live forever...

The world becomes a darker place with the passing of each childhood happy memory, each life-long friend and outliving members of ones own family...



Being a "Highlander" must take all the joy out of life.
There can only be one after all. :'(
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.