Captain
# 1 Romulan Foundry Missions
04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
So, I assume one of the benefits of the Faction Alliances of the Romulan Captains is that they get access to those sides of the Fed/Klingon conflict. From that point on missions play as either fed version or kling version and those are what they get access to there. The primary two factions exist.

Are we also assuming they get access to either Fed or Klingon Foundry missions based on that as well?

If so... it would be best if we were informed.

Every foundry author has been downgraded for being unable to read a players mind and determine that players race isn't human. We're about to have all our missions that refer to klingon empire warriors and federation captains get a specific hit.

"Why am I called a "prime example of a Federation Officer" when I am a Romulan?!?! WTFBBQ?!1!!???/!11!"

If Romulans don't get their own foundry list, it would be nice if we were given warning to tag our missions appropriately.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-18-2013, 05:40 AM
We were given an answer to this on one of the dev blog threads.

Quote:
At launch, Romulans will not be able to play Foundry missions until they choose an ally, and then they can only play Foundry missions created for that Ally. As many have suggested, we will be adding a new filter that will allow Foundry authors to create Romulan specific missions that only Romulans (allied with* either faction) can fly and team together for. No ETA has been provided at this point.
So we will get the ability to make Romulan specific missions, but not right away and could be a long time.

What I'd suggest in the meantime is maybe anyone who is creating missions for Romulan captains all get together and tag our missions, such as putting [Rom] at the beginning of the title or something. And we should create a thread here on the forums for missions built for Romulans.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Cool! Thanks. That was exactly the information I needed. I must have missed it when it came through. Thanks for passing it on. Yay community!
Captain
# 4
04-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Really hope it happens sooner than later. I can see a lot of new-to-the-game Romulan players being confused when they play a Foundry mission that thinks they're in Starfleet...
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Not to mention the Starfleet or KDF players who will 1 star a mission made for Romulans "Why is the game addressing me as a Romulan when I'm a Starfleet Human?" after having completely missed the big yellow letters saying its a Romulan mission.

Oh well. Foundry is an afterthought in this expansion. That's how it goes I guess.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 6
04-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, foundry can't be the focus of everything, or even most things...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
04-21-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm just happy they had foresight to know it should be addressed. Even if it is low on a list.

The real funny part is they need to deal with their own missions before getting to us.