Survivor of Romulus
# 11
01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
How about some details as to what the maintainence is going to be for?
Ensign
# 12
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 3rd, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
when will there be another patch?
Career Officer
# 13
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous82 View Post
How about some details as to what the maintainence is going to be for?
It just a reboot... like Windows.... runs like crap after a while. Besides patching... All MMO's need a maintenance window. Lots of stuff to clean out. The company I work for serves many fortune 500 and 100 companies in the Litigation Support industry and we take a regular weekly outage as well... you have to... run archives, clean out temp tables... all kinds of stuff. If not, performance grinds to a halt or things just stop working.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos01171985 View Post
when will there be another patch?
Most likely next week as any work done today, tomorrow, and just prior to the holiday will probably be in this coming patch
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 14
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
wow, 2 weeks no patching or adding any content, i could understand 2 week vacation for all employees if game was up to par and wasnt in the shape it is. almost 3 years now and still not enough content and alot broken. and still taking off for weeks at a time. things like this is why the video game industry is hurting. players are tired of playing games where the games are lacking in content and bugs dont get fixed. keep not listening to the people.
Captain
# 15
01-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
wow, 2 weeks no patching or adding any content, i could understand 2 week vacation for all employees if game was up to par and wasnt in the shape it is. almost 3 years now and still not enough content and alot broken. and still taking off for weeks at a time. things like this is why the video game industry is hurting. players are tired of playing games where the games are lacking in content and bugs dont get fixed. keep not listening to the people.
Are you saying STO has moved into maintenance mode?
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post

You had christmas and new year's for crying out loud you don't think the staff at Cryptic takes vacation during that time ? Noone expects patches or fixes for games during these times the only things you see are holiday events or some other event going on till the holidays are over probably next week you will see staff activity increase again .
Ensign
# 17
01-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Here's the standard quote for all things that's messed up for STO. "Working as intended" I've heard tha tquite a few times myself and it's nothing but a frakking joke.
Captain
# 18
01-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Seriously guys. They're 40 people trying to appease the most notoriously finicky and fickle fanboys and girls of all time.

Give them their damned break.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 19
01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Seriously guys. They're 40 people trying to appease the most notoriously finicky and fickle fanboys and girls of all time.

Seconded./10chars
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
01-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

Thirded.

Stop raging, it's Christmas. Two weeks with no update and you're all crying about it? Pathetic.
Closed Thread