Commander
# 51
01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
This would be for maintaining the servers. Wiping unneeded flotsam out of the system. If they didn't do this periodically the game would slowly grind to a halt. It's normally done while patching updates. No updates , so just send in the scrub bots and begin maintenance.

They do this every week.

... or what he said.
I'm very familiar with server maintenance - I'm an IT Director and have a lot of servers to maintain. (I just do it differently.)

My point was that PWE doesn't seem to make fixing bugs a priority - we've been dealing with the same bugs for months without resolution. I have a hard time getting them to respond to open tickets. It's past time for the PWE Devs to do a "Bug Bash."
Lieutenant
# 52
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
We still have that crashing driver issue from Season 7 that messes with out graphics cards. I can't get on the game with that issue and many others have the problem as well.

Please look into fixing it, I want to get back to playing. I had to miss out on the Winter Event because of the stupid issue.
Career Officer
# 53
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
well firstly, i hate it.. brandon should release something stating why the shard is down everytime.. even if it is just maintnace.. i mean everytime threads open up asking whats being changed, it would take ten seconds to come on and announce that there is no patch, just maintnence..

to answer the second question.. it is the same reason we get bugs that never get fixed, and sub par content at best.. incompetance.. not to jump on the lets beet on cryptic wagon, but one thing they have been consistant at is running this buisness as poorly as possible.. this is just one of the many examples...
Career Officer
# 54
01-03-2013, 07:41 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=503341

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Empire Veteran
# 55
01-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyshark View Post
I enjoy reading about updates and fixes to the system, so I am disappointed when they do maintenance and nothing is announced. Nothing has been posted since December 21st. Any idea why?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51#post7327251
notes posted yesterday.
----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
you sir, are a Ninja. *kudos*
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
# 56
01-03-2013, 07:42 AM
i do hate it.
i reckon the do it because for whatever reason they dont want to admit to whatever changes have been made in recent weeks. probably lots of clandestine nerfing and whatnot.
Ensign
# 57
01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbgron1 View Post
Brandon...Just for my own curiosity can you give me the Spec of the server/s you use for STO etc??

CPU:
RAM:
HDD:

you know the basics and do any of the servers run VMWare?
Something tells me the OS is Windows Server 2008~~~
Career Officer
# 58
Might want to go back and reread the maintenance announcement again, it clearly states no patch for this week like last week,
I should not need to give you the reason why, and I really hope you are being sarcastic......
Empire Veteran
# 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
i do hate it.
i reckon the do it because for whatever reason they dont want to admit to whatever changes have been made in recent weeks. probably lots of clandestine nerfing and whatnot.
Conspiracy Theory. good movie.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamericax View Post
We still have that crashing driver issue from Season 7 that messes with out graphics cards. I can't get on the game with that issue and many others have the problem as well.

Please look into fixing it, I want to get back to playing. I had to miss out on the Winter Event because of the stupid issue.
Change your GPU

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Closed Thread