Career Officer
# 61
01-03-2013, 07:45 AM
why does he like to play tic tac toe with the anouncement.. would be nice if he just put it in the gd release notes thread, where everyone goes to look for it.. lol... its like a scavenger hunt every time...
Commander
# 62
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamericax View Post
We still have that crashing driver issue from Season 7 that messes with out graphics cards. I can't get on the game with that issue and many others have the problem as well.

Please look into fixing it, I want to get back to playing. I had to miss out on the Winter Event because of the stupid issue.
Yea... a lot of us have been complaining about this. While it's affecting the Intel GPU the worst, it's also causing problems with ATI & NVidia cards too.

And PWE knew of the issue before they released Season 7, but chose to release it anyway.
Lieutenant
# 63 Plop Plop Fizz Fizz
01-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Is there any reason the exchange is broken or is it intentional. I have erased characters and lost a ton of energy credits. Dix. ;p
Empire Veteran
# 64
01-03-2013, 07:49 AM
i dont comb the forum every day looking to see if an announcement has been posted to a random thread. i instead look in the release notes subforum, which is where i expect to find such a thing, whether it concerns a 'patch' or 'maintenance'.
Career Officer
# 65
01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
The observant user, would have noticed both the "It's just a shutdown->Cooldown->Perhaps a lil new hardware->Reboot" Message, with the interesting comment "Theres not patch, so hence nothing that has influence on your system" on top of the forums.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttenham View Post
why does he like to play tic tac toe with the anouncement.. would be nice if he just put it in the gd release notes thread, where everyone goes to look for it.. lol... its like a scavenger hunt every time...
It's in the News Network thread, the very first thread of the forums.
Which means you have to ignore:
Federation News Network - which tells everyone there will be maintentance
Release Notes - which would have patch notes info if there is any
Dev Tracker - which shows every post devs make, which includes Scheduled maintenance
and patch notes
Sto Academy
general Discussion

So you have to bypass three thread that have the info to get GD.

Just make a shortcut to the Dev Tracker thread, and don't be left out on ANY of the Dev posts or information.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
# 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamericax View Post
We still have that crashing driver issue from Season 7 that messes with out graphics cards. I can't get on the game with that issue and many others have the problem as well.

Please look into fixing it, I want to get back to playing. I had to miss out on the Winter Event because of the stupid issue.
I found a fix for it through sheer serendipity, when it started to bite me after installing an updated NVidia graphics driver for my GTX 560:

Turn on teamspeak, load the 'overlay' plugin, before you start the game.

I have no idea why it works, but it does, and allows me to load the game past the launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadmbambam View Post
Yea... a lot of us have been complaining about this. While it's affecting the Intel GPU the worst, it's also causing problems with ATI & NVidia cards too.
I do not consider Intel graphics a 'gpu'. It is basic graphics meant for internet browsing and business applications. Not for gaming. Please try to put a real graphics card in your system before complaining about graphics issues.

Last edited by milestfox; 01-03-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 68
01-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
i dont comb the forum every day looking to see if an announcement has been posted to a random thread. i instead look in the release notes subforum, which is where i expect to find such a thing, whether it concerns a 'patch' or 'maintenance'.
Hmmmm, Maintenance announcements always posted to the Federation news Network subforum. Release Notes always posted in the section clearly marked "release notes" ....
Yes, yes ... I see how this logical placement of announcements, always in the exact same place every week confuses people.

No wait, I don't.

As I just stated.
Every Week.
Announcements in the same (very logical) place.

How are people having trouble finding these things ?

Oh and I want to agree with Kirian here.
Conspiricy Theory was a very enjoyable movie.

I'm absolutely certain that this maitenance is FULL to BURSTING with " lots of clandestine nerfing and whatnot."

Not wait, I'm not.
Lt. Commander
# 69 Release Notes!
01-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Well this is the 2nd time now that maintenance is going on with no release notes online for us to gasp in joy at to read and love and see the game is being updated for all of us to enjoy...

I left out commas on purpose, the anger does that to me...

I once tried to do more than just 2 lines and boy that was hard, really hard!!!

Anyway I know you are all still on joliday! See what I did there 2 words together, fabtastic!

Oh again sorry about that, anyway it would be nice if the release notes were up so we can see what you are, breaking and fixing, lets face it people 2 fixes relates to 4 breaks in game... Some are a benefit so we dont want to complain to much...

Anyway happy jolidays, yes again and could we have a link for the patch notes please...

Cheers!

Kirk

Oh maybe Brandon is on holiday, as he always posts on time.

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 70
01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
They're always posted in the top forum called "Federation News Network"...
Closed Thread