Rihannsu
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

Ever since the June 7 patch, I have dozens of disconnects a day. I'm not the only one, based on the 25 page thread in your Network help sub-forum. If that many of us are bothered enough by your DC server problem, how many people just walked away? I understand that there is a Dev response if regards to this, but blaming our ISPs for what seems to be a problem with your server dumping people is in poor form (just so you know, both Cryptic/PWE and CenturyLink Customer Support are on my sh*tlist).

Just to recap my problems, I do not have lag, I do not have login problem, what i have is sudden Server Not Responding that anyways lasts for 18-20 seconds, then I get a single frame of movement, and Disconnected From Server.

I enjoy playing STO (when I'm not playing Disconnected From Server Online), and I want to continue to play STO for a long time. If anyone has any ideas or tips for me to continue to attempt to troubleshoot or fix this problem, I would highly appreciate it.

(Side note: What good is a proxy server for an MMO if the route the data packets take is identical, except for the very last step?)
Ensign
# 2
06-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Not sure if this is the same problem, but for the last few days everytime I change zones there seems to be a 50/50 chance of disconnecting, then it takes a minute to connect again. No problems logging on the first time, no lag, and if I don't chance leaving the zone no disconnects. Very annoying and missions that require going to multiple zones is downright aggravating.
Lieutenant
# 3
06-21-2013, 03:05 PM
According to Brandon there's no problem on their end, so I suggest contacting your ISP...
Rihannsu
# 4
06-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabouma1979 View Post
According to Brandon there's no problem on their end, so I suggest contacting your ISP...
I have, their response is that the issue is not with their network, that it's on cryptic's end. Hence, why I'm seeking advice on how to further narrow down this problem so I know who to keep pestering.
Captain
# 5
06-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreeves7a View Post
I have, their response is that the issue is not with their network, that it's on cryptic's end. Hence, why I'm seeking advice on how to further narrow down this problem so I know who to keep pestering.
It sounds like they're playing a game of 'toss that dead skunk into the other guy's backyard'.
Lieutenant
# 6
06-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Brandons' reply on Twitter a couple of days ago: "all looks good from our end -- please try running the tests listed in the sticky thread of the PC subforum."
Ensign
# 7
06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
well your not alone there, bad design flaw from perfect world to using bad internet lines, they rushed the game from the start, without testing it to see how it can cope well. they use two internet companies one is called netflix, these two companies are one of the huge reason's for the problems that has caused crashes and other things. I cant see this game running for another 4 years. it will not happen. who thinks I am right,
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Well Verizon and Cogent are having a peering spat over Netflix traffic first reported June 17 maybe it's spilling over into other areas?

http://www.multichannel.com/distribu...ng-spat/144025

Last edited by kimony; 06-24-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 9
06-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I spoke with CenturyLink again today to try and get this escalated. The gentleman who I spoke with said that it doesn't like they can do anything about, but they'll investigate. He suggest that I ask here to see if anyone had some kind of a workaround to use? I've tried the STO proxies, but i still had the same disconnect problem. Is there another way to try get a stable, not disconnecting connection?
Ensign
# 10
06-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I can't get my head around this,perfect world, who think people have to pay a game that can no longer work, I think people here should stop giving them money, because that will hurt there pockets,