Rihannsu
# 1 Horta enhancement
07-27-2014, 09:05 AM
How do we enhance the baby horta we get from Mine Enemy now?
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Captain
# 2
07-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damzelltrill View Post
How do we enhance the baby horta we get from Mine Enemy now?
Before all this crafting I had headed out to Memory alpha with over 800K to 1m in EC spend to make the baby horta non-combat into a full adult horta combat. Fed, Rom and KDF all have the combat horta.

I had gone back to Mine Enemy and got the Horta schematics then got the necessary material and other skills to make one. Might be a different way now with the R&D Crafting. I am sure it won't take a few minutes do like under the old way.
Time will only tell!
Captain
# 3
07-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I think that's what's being asked - with the removal of Large consumables and the Combat Horta Pet from the list of craftable items with the 'Revamp', how does one turn a non-combat Horta into a combat Horta without it being in the 'R&D' list of options.

And, unfortunately, the only answer I've heard so far is... 'Good question'.
----
Yeager-Type; add it as a Federation 'Raider' and watch KDF players go crazy...

Queued Events alone do not player participation bring...
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
I think that's what's being asked - with the removal of Large consumables and the Combat Horta Pet from the list of craftable items with the 'Revamp', how does one turn a non-combat Horta into a combat Horta without it being in the 'R&D' list of options.

And, unfortunately, the only answer I've heard so far is... 'Good question'.
i clicked rightclick and use on it once after 9.5 and an assigment or something poped up.... didnt see if it could be done or not, since i didnt have a baby horta on that char.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 5
07-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Word on the street is that there's supposed to be a DOff mission to do so, and that said mission will chew up a couple of the new crafting mats...

What triggers this new mission, and if it's even been written yet, is unknown. I think the schematic that would be needed for the second mission would be the key...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Rihannsu
# 6
07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
why is it i was strongly reminded of all those old commercials for 'male enhancement' products when i read this thread's title?

and yes, a doff mission is what replaced the old method of getting the combat horta

how to get said mission wasn't really stated, however - though it's probably like the tal shiar command codes: double click the schematic or whatever Mine Enemy gives you now and the mission pops up
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 7
07-29-2014, 01:38 PM
If it happens as you have suggested? There is Eisilum Crystal Horta seem a few players with that horta looks like cyan color. Wasn't there a Di-lithium Horta floating around also? Very rare I've seen those also purple in color. I still like my rocky pet horta he stills remembers who I am now that he's gone on the attack. Rocky is still learning how and when to attack though.
Time will only tell!
Captain
# 8
07-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Blue and Green hortas come from the C-store.

Pink (adult) consumable hortas come from.. uhh, the lobi store?

Baby noncombat versions of pink green and blue come from the lobi store IIRC (and there were also a few other methods in the past like anniversary events and maybe a lockbox).
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR DELTA RISING GEAR UPGRADE COST TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<
>Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored<