Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
# 41
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I think it'd work great as the 3-Piece bonus for the Romulan Set (Not Reman)

It'd go something like this

2 Piece Bonus
EPS and Crew Regen

3 Piece "Cloak and Dagger"

Three piece has a Battle Cloak**** However as it was intended to be used on Romulan Ships only it's only 75% effective and last anywhere between 10 seconds to 20 seconds with a 5 minute cooldown .
That way sometimes it fails ... even if it doesn't you only have 10 to 20 seconds with it and it has a long cooldown . That way it can be used unreliably as a cloaked alpha strike but would be more of an "oh sh**!" button since its a battle cloak to get you away from trouble... maybe... probably ....

Isnt the Romulan Set 53,000 dilithium and 1500 marks ? That way any ships has a cloak but it's gimped up and not Op'd
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
# 42
01-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I still haven't heard a good reason why as a KDF player I'm helping the Romulans, instead of wiping them out of existence once and for all and just taking whatever pieces of salvage that may be useful.

They are the enemy, you crush the enemy, not help them rebuild their strength so they can fight you again.

Let the Feds have their friendly diplomacy. For me, diplomacy is a disruptor to the face.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,031
# 43
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger242 View Post
I still haven't heard a good reason why as a KDF player I'm helping the Romulans, instead of wiping them out of existence once and for all and just taking whatever pieces of salvage that may be useful.

They are the enemy, you crush the enemy, not help them rebuild their strength so they can fight you again.

Let the Feds have their friendly diplomacy. For me, diplomacy is a disruptor to the face.
yeah, it is pretty retarded that cryptic (even if there is to be treachery between the klinks and roms) would ever even think that the romulans would let klingons anywhere near their perspective new homeworld..

they hate eachother, they couldnt even get along in the dominion war.. they were contantly antagonizing eachother..

a more acceptable idea would have been to have the romulans and remans split, and the feds helped the roms, and the klinks helped the remans.. that would have been 100 percent acceptable.. and would have been taking a page from titan as well..

but this is what you get when you get one of the worst writers in the star trek franchise to write your story arcs... no attention to detail, canon, or even common sense.. when cryptic releases content like new romulas, i wonder if they have ever watched an episode of star trek.. (i know they do, and they have days that they watch different movies and episodes) but it makes you wonder if that was really nap time..

klingons should be at war with the romulans, taking advantage of their weakness, feds should be helping them.. regardless of what twist may be coming up, it was pure laziness. this way they can make one set of content, and use it for both.. pfff.. laziness..
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 44
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
^^this is why I don't want to hear any canon arguments against the console in the T5 Romulan rep store - I saw some Klingons running around the other day tagging the cute little romulan bunnies for research - petting them - taking care of them - no no no no no!

This should not happen - and for free?? Like nothing in return from the Romulans but their goodwill and thanks?? no no no -the KDF would not do that.

Canon and story and just IP are out the window!! So Romulan cloaking console in the T5 rep store makes just as much sense.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,060
# 45
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
^^this is why I don't want to hear any canon arguments against the console in the T5 Romulan rep store - I saw some Klingons running around the other day tagging the cute little romulan bunnies for research - petting them - taking care of them - no no no no no!

This should not happen - and for free?? Like nothing in return from the Romulans but their goodwill and thanks?? no no no -the KDF would not do that.

Canon and story and just IP are out the window!! So Romulan cloaking console in the T5 rep store makes just as much sense.
YAY! Time for the Borg to attack us with giant assimilated space dragons! (yeah I know this joke is not new)

To compound a problem is no solution to it and it's no justfication to do more nonsensical things.

Not to mention that the two things are unrelated.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
# 46
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Treaty of Algeron, folks.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,183
# 47
01-03-2013, 12:06 PM
you do NOT play a random space shooter, but a STAR TREK game with tons of LORE.

one of the lore points is the treaty of Algeron

Defiant got a cloak which was operated by a Romulan officer, watch the episode.

FED is NOT getting a cloak

as KDF got their cloaking tech from Romulans, a Romulan faction WILL get cloaking tech.

you wanna play cloaked? by a cloak ship, roll KDF or wait for Romulans

Qa'pla
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 48
01-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekanjo5 View Post
Treaty of Algeron, folks.
Hmm - treaties are changed or amended all the time - especially when one side falls into deep trouble and needs the others assistence. A lot of cold-war stuff went out the window when the USSR collapsed and they needed American financial support, nuclear weapons techs to dismantel aging soviet weapons, and a whole lot of other American support on the ground.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,183
# 49
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Hmm - treaties are changed or amended all the time - especially when one side falls into deep trouble and needs the others assistence. A lot of cold-war stuff went out the window when the USSR collapsed and they needed American financial support, nuclear weapons techs to dismantel aging soviet weapons, and a whole lot of other American support on the ground.
you just can't stop, can you?

which CONCRETE treaties do you have in mind? where did Russia need USA financial support?

you mean USA paying for spies and "international charity organizations" to be contraproductive for the eastern regime? you mean the USA soldiers "freeing" the world?
are you THAT naive?

nuclear tech was developed by BOTH blocks - every block has it's own developing team.
dismantling of weapons - it has NOT been a help, but act of CONTROL

back to theme: IF there is a new ST film/series with FED's casually having cloaking tech, then the FED's will get cloaking tech ingame.

Not even all KDF ships do have cloak.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 50
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
snip..

Not even all KDF ships do have cloak.
Now with this new console - Guramba and kar'fi owners can have a cloak too!

Quote:
back to theme: IF there is a new ST film/series with FED's casually having cloaking tech, then the FED's will get cloaking tech ingame.
if a new show comes out and Starfleet officers are casually flying - Breen ships, Jem'hadar ships, Cardassian ships, then they can have them in game - oh WAIT they already do!

if a new show comes out and Starfleet away teams are going on missions in robes and weilding glowing swords well then they can have them in game - oh WAIT they already do!

and this list could go on and on - what was your point?

Last edited by born2bwild1; 01-03-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 PM.