Career Officer
# 61
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
You think our new Romulan friends - being pretty weak - in need of the Fed's help would offer up some of their cloaking tech?

Maybe Cryptic should add a "Romulan Cloaking Console" to tier 5 in the rep system.

I would certainly put out the 500 marks and 25k dilthium for that item. Heck even 50k dilthium! Maybe even more!

Plus, for KDF players it would give all those people with non-klingon ships like the Guramba and Kar'fi the chance to have a cloaking device as well.

Cryptic would certainly get a lot more mileage out of the Romulan content with maybe 200,000+ alts that are not now running the rep system - suddenly start getting used.
Eh, wouldn't bother me in the least if Cryptic actually did this. Wait and see what happens I suppose.
Captain
# 62
01-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
Eh, wouldn't bother me in the least if Cryptic actually did this. Wait and see what happens I suppose.
It would bother me and everyone that brought the Defiant-R and the Galaxy-X as you would now get a console people payed for.

And that is why its not going to happen.
Republic Veteran
# 63
01-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
As far as STO goes canon is a complete write off. Defiant cloak destroyed, Gal-x was alt timeline. Canon? I saw half of starfleet flying Breen ships in STF yesterday - the other half were in Cardi and ferengi ships.
You know people keep talking about how the Dread was from a alternate timeline. Who is to say this game doesn't follow that timeline? I mean the Federation is at war with the Empire and we can go warp 13 and above (I know not the same as the absolute warp 10).

STO has a lot in common with that timeline, Picard saved all of time...just because that future didn't come to be doesn't mean a similar didn't happen.
Career Officer
# 64
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
No fed cloak, I say.

It's a play balance thing. Half the fun of playing fed is the idea that we don't get all the toys.
Rihannsu
# 65
01-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
It would bother me and everyone that brought the Defiant-R and the Galaxy-X as you would now get a console people payed for.

And that is why its not going to happen.
Well, in the interests of fairness, they would charge the usual huge ammount of dilithium for the console, you wouldn't get it for free. Yes, it would be less than the ship, but with the Defiant and Gal-X, you were getting the console AND the ship.

IMHO, I don't think the FED side should get cloaking devices on all their ships. But that is in my little perfect world, where this game would be more of a Star Trek RPG, where the whole point of end game is not pressing F or a DPS race, and where a galaxy doesn't turn like a slug. In our Perfect World, I'm sure that if PWE thinks they can get enough money for it, they will put it in.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 66
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Well, in the interests of fairness, they would charge the usual huge ammount of dilithium for the console, you wouldn't get it for free. Yes, it would be less than the ship, but with the Defiant and Gal-X, you were getting the console AND the ship.

IMHO, I don't think the FED side should get cloaking devices on all their ships. But that is in my little perfect world, where this game would be more of a Star Trek RPG, where the whole point of end game is not pressing F or a DPS race, and where a galaxy doesn't turn like a slug. In our Perfect World, I'm sure that if PWE thinks they can get enough money for it, they will put it in.
Maybe I just wanted something really special to work for on my Fed toons through the Romulan rep system - frankly all the rest of the stuff won't be getting my dilthium or marks. There is NOTHING at T5 that is really worth getting - so why bother?

If they can sell it - go for it. Im just so tired of the KDF whining about the cloak being unique- who cares - most KDF are better PvPer's without the cloak (tactics and teamwork are what make the KDF good not the cloak!!)- except for the B'rel it's mostly useless but a fun toy. Sure if I am fighting in my B'rel i need the cloak or you go Boom really quick. I don't waste the slot 90% of the time for my fleet defiant. It's just a fun thing to have - half the consoles in this game are more for fun factor and not practical.

I also would like a Guramba - I have not gotten one yet because it does not have a cloak - and I am also hoping they come out with the fleet version - some say the Guramba does not need a cloak - so what i would like it - just as I would like it for my Fed ships. No ships except the Bops really need a cloak anyways - like I said its fun factor. Most good KDF PvP players will take Fed ships head on without the cloak so I don't think it's such a big deal. The cloak is not going to magically make most Fed players better PvPers so I don't know what the other KDF players are worried about.

Anyways this is definitly my last 2 cents on this.
Rihannsu
# 67
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
To hell with canon, there are just certain ships in this game that should never get a cloak. There is no PVE reason that a cloak is necessary. I'm having Deja Vu this is like a repeat of the Phase cloak thread.
this

thank you

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Republic Veteran
# 68
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm tired of the Feds whining that they don't have enough cloaking.

“confession is good for the soul”

Empire Veteran
# 69
01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger242 View Post
I still haven't heard a good reason why as a KDF player I'm helping the Romulans, instead of wiping them out of existence once and for all and just taking whatever pieces of salvage that may be useful.

They are the enemy, you crush the enemy, not help them rebuild their strength so they can fight you again.

Let the Feds have their friendly diplomacy. For me, diplomacy is a disruptor to the face.
I agree with everything in this post
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 70
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
So we don't get to wear cloaks like the Klingons do? Not even the ones that Mudd used to wear (I think he wore one or two... or maybe not)?

In all seriousness...

The Feds shouldn't get the cloak beyond what we get in the C-Store. Then cloaking tech would be boring to use... not to mention some of the missions where you'd get by cloaked when you're supposed to fight through squadrons of enemy ships. And it doesn't seem right for the cloak tech to be as spread out through the Federation like it is with the Klingon and Romulan empires. Or maybe I'm too hard core when it comes to Star Trek stuff. I did grow up on it, after all...