Lt. Commander
I just unlocked the Romulan MK XII space cannons. 28450 dil for 1 weapon!

I thought about equipping the Breen ship with plasma DHCS and turrets but I'm not paying 174k dil for that.

Are you? If so, how many?
Commander
# 2
01-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Precisely zero.
Captain
# 3
01-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonkman View Post
I just unlocked the Romulan MK XII space cannons. 28450 dil for 1 weapon!

I thought about equipping the Breen ship with plasma DHCS and turrets but I'm not paying 174k dil for that.

Are you? If so, how many?
2000 dithium cost $260,000 EC now with the contraband turn in

28k/2k = 14x$260,000 = $3,640,000 EC

So these need to be better than $3.5 million Purples on the Exchange

Does this 28450 include romulan marks? - if not how many and what is the total cost of turning in those marks to Dilthium?

If it's like STF and 500 marks = 5000 dithium - that puts the EC cost over $4.3 million per weapon
Career Officer
# 4
01-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Seriously, let me get this straight.
  • Acquire Romulan Marks screwing around with space rabbits for months on end, then add Expertise and a scaling EC system on top in the form of commodities.
  • Grind Tier 1. Claim Tier 1 reputation.
  • Grind Tier 2. Claim Tier 2 Reputation.
  • Grind Tier 3. Claim Tier 3 Reputation
  • Grind Tier 4. Claim Tier 4 Reputation.
  • Grind Tier 5. Claim Tier 5 Reputation. Get single goody box for grinding all that.
  • Run project to get each weapon at a cost of 19k dil per weapon for each of 6-8 weapons slots on an endgame ship.

At that price? Girl no. None. THIS IS INSANE.

The weapons are too damn high.
Shout out to the developers who are logging in and actually trying to communicate with us.

Last edited by sekritagent; 01-03-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
The dil cost doesnt include the store unlocking which cost marks and commodities.
Career Officer
# 6
01-02-2013, 07:55 PM
5. It'll probably take me about two weeks, less if I haul butt on my alts for more dilithium. But I'm in no hurry.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm planning to finish the Reman set(yep, lazy), but have no interest in spending my DIL on those weapons, great or not, when Fleet Weapons cost much less.

When I unlocked the first Beam Weapons in the store and saw they are 20k+ DIL i LOL'd.
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I usually don't say any bad things about Cryptic / PWE, but this change with the rep system was absolutely awful. They tried to sell it to us saying that now we were guaranteed to get the item we wanted. All I wanted from the OMEGA rep was one of the pieces from the MACO MK XII set to give me the three piece bonus. If you add up all the time and effort i put into grinding marks and all the EC i gave up for commodities, I probably paid upwards of 25m ec just to unlock the project to get the item. Then I have to pay more commodities, dil, grind more marks....

You get the picture.

For me, I was totally screwed over when all I wanted was that one item. I am sure there are a ton of us that feel we got worked over. Usually, I have someone buy me dinner before such an activity...but what choice do we have?

Now all there really is to do is keep getting marks on New Rom or in STFs. Why? Because they are there. I don't even need dil anymore. I have plenty. I guess one day I may get bored and get another item, but it was way more fun when they used to just come as random drops.

Last edited by olivia211; 01-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Captain
# 9
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I really would love to try the Romulan weapons, but at over 170k dil to gear up one ship, thats just not a good investment. Thats almost $19 worth of zen for limited-use toys for one character. 15k on a fancy console for a set bonus, I only need one of them, so thats one thing, but a whole bunch......just not a good use of limited resources. For something I gotta buy multiple of, I think 10k is about the limit unless its a really special piece of hardware.
Career Officer
# 10
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I usually don't say any bad things about Cryptic / PWE, but this change with the rep system was absolutely awful. They tried to sell it to us saying that now we were guaranteed to get the item we wanted. All I wanted from the OMEGA rep was one of the pieces from the MACO MK XII set to give me the three piece bonus. If you add up all the time and effort i put into grinding marks and all the EC i gave up for commodities, I probably paid upwards of 25m ec just to unlock the project to get the item. Then I have to pay more commodities, dil, grind more marks....

You get the picture.

For me, I was totally screwed over when all I wanted was that one item. I am sure there are a ton of us that feel we got worked over. Usually, I have someone buy be dinner before such an activity...but what choice do we have?

Now all there really is to do is keep getting marks on New Rom or in STFs. Why? Because they are there. I don't even need dil anymore. I have plenty. I guess one day I may get bored and get another item, but it was way more fun when they used to just come as random drops.
Well said.

That said, for the new player, the new system is probably better than random.

But the rewards, I'm finding, weren't worth it.

The big payoff for me aside from Borg costumes is Borg prosthetics for my away team as it's the cheapest and most convenient set of weapons to equip them with.

So my constructive observation is:

Store unlocks? Better than project rewarded items. I'm much more likely to use them.

Permanent cosmetics? The best reward.

I was really hoping that the Romulan entourage was a permanent pet item. As is the case with latinum rewards, I don't shell out for flashy consumables. I will shell out for flashy permanent cosmetics.

Ultimately, the big incentive is just the tier power unlocks.