Starfleet Veteran
# 1 What does STO need ?
01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
3 things you think it needs. Just 3 sentences / simply writen asks like mine below

Re-scaling
More / better Music
More Content

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!

Last edited by jumpingjs; 01-01-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
1)Bug fixes
2)See #1
3)KDF Love
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
3 things you think it needs. Just 3 sentences / simply writen asks like mine below

Re-scaling
More / better Music
More Content
More Payment Options
A few more peeps assigned to Customer Service
A few more / fresh thinking Devs
Commander
# 4
01-01-2013, 07:53 PM
STO needs fixes. By the hundreds.

I saw better music mentioned:
Certainly something the game needs because what we have is pretty... limited in scope and not very good either.
I really enjoy good game-music but STO sadly does not have that.
However: I don't think it's something Cryptic should spend its money on, because it earns nothing (unless it's truly outstanding) and we have the option to listen to our music of choice anyways.
Captain
# 5
01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
1- New Boff Abilities
2- Mechanical System Revamps
3- Visionary Devs

We get new doff abilities every two months but no new boff abilities since I dunno when.
Some mechanics are unintuitive, others have scaling issues, etc etc
The Doff system is nothing but a glorified facebook game yet I find it the most appealing aspect of STO and I cannot really articulate why.

O wait I do have a 4th

4- Reward Revamps

ISE vs anything else for Omega Marks? Craptastic Rommie PvE queue rewards? Anything other than a good investigate officer reports for fleet marks? They fixed some of the skewed rewards but messed up even more than they fixed in season 7!
Career Officer
# 6
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
I only have one...

Less of the folks asking for stuff in the forums.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
ranking system
racing games ,side games like poker
more power arr arrr arrrr
Ensign
# 8
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I only have one...

Less of the folks asking for stuff in the forums.
Don't be so shallow. Its a consumer's right to complain. You know marketing companies pay millions/make millions generating the kind of information you can mine from a forum like this.

Die hard fans might find people annoying, but I guarantee you there are company men who find it invaluable, and then there are marketing people I'm sure who freak out at the image nay sayers make on the forum at the same time.

Either way, its like facebook, you're giving your opinions away for free when usually they pay people for an afternoon to sit at a table drinking distilled water talking about why they like or dislike stuff.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk49 View Post
Don't be so shallow. Its a consumer's right to complain. You know marketing companies pay millions/make millions generating the kind of information you can mine from a forum like this.
But it's also annoying when every 2nd thread on a forum is some damn variant on "What could improve this game? My thoughts!!!!!@!@!2".

Especially when there is a SPECIFIC "Community Feedback" subforum built for this very type of discussion!

What's worse, a not-insignificant of these "suggestions" tend to stem either from entitled whiners simply wanting freebies, or those unable or unwilling to grasp a basic understanding of business realities or even the game's mechanics.

I don't mind a bit of fan brainstorming, but when the rain consists of little else but acid and bile, I'd prefer to bring out the umbrella.

Mind, I am not in any way saying that folks don't have a right to complain, but please, for goodness' sake, give your complaints some thought before shotgunning them out.
Ensign
# 10
01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
But it's also annoying when every 2nd thread on a forum is some damn variant on "What could improve this game? My thoughts!!!!!@!@!2".

Especially when there is a SPECIFIC "Community Feedback" subforum built for this very type of discussion!

What's worse, a not-insignificant of these "suggestions" tend to stem either from entitled whiners simply wanting freebies, or those unable or unwilling to grasp a basic understanding of business realities or even the game's mechanics.

I don't mind a bit of fan brainstorming, but when the rain consists of little else but acid and bile, I'd prefer to bring out the umbrella.
I don't understand it though. What exactly does it cost your nerves to ignore a thread you don't want to read? Afraid that your righteous complaints/suggestions will be lost in the mire of useless crap you consider inane and derivative?

Its the internet. This is how it works. The only place I've ever seen where the parade of pointless threads ends is on a forum with strict "must use a real non hotmail/gmail account for registration" rule, but thats not exactly conducive to a F2P model is it.

Just look at TOR's forums. The people who post there are PAYING for the privilege of whining about every developer decision. Most people complain about how disengaged most people are about issues that matter. Get most people keyed into something and immediately you wish it was just your tiny cabal talking about things again.