Ensign
# 21
05-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Customizable ship crew (uniforms, race/gender, etc) had been on the agenda some time back, but seems to have fallen off the radar. I'd like to get enough support for this to put it back on the agenda. The ideal thing, to me anyway, would be something similar to "the tailor" but with half a dozen or so presets for crew members, to basically replace the preset crew members that are currently on your ship.

Also, I think it would be appropriate for the NPCs on the fleet starbase to be wearing the fleet uniform.
Commander
# 22
05-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Absolutely, last time this came up was last year wasn't it. As you customise all the boffs, would be nice to do the same to the rest of the crew. Just one option for each department, or maybe based off the department head's uniform? Is it really a difficult issue?

Though this issue is probably liked to a general overhaul of ship interior, to be able to change engineering design and so on.
Ensign
# 23
05-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I would like to hear from one of the devs if this is still on the table to be developed .
Career Officer
# 24
05-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Hell yes, totally agree. In fact, I have an addition to make;

Unlock the outfit tabs for Bridge Officers, so that KDF Boffs can get helmetless Honor Guard outfits for the Bridge officers and Starfleet can use the MACO and Omega outfits. There's absolutely no good reason for the outfit tab to be locked to "Uniform" when you can see full well that the MACO/Omega/KHG armor-outfits work on Boffs - so let us customise them already!

Additionally, the team who did the Romulan ship interiors really need to put their talent to use on the Fed/KDF ship interiors.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Survivor of Remus
# 25
05-27-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm glad many players are still wanting this and I hope the devs can make it happen (after they fix the server issues).

Now that I'm playing a Romulan Commander wearing the TOS Romulan uniform and my BOffs wear the TOS Romulan uniform I really, REALLY want the rest of the crew wearing the TOS Romulan uniform as well.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Captain
# 26
05-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I've mentioned this as part of the ship interior revamp proposal - see sig links.

And while we're at it, I'd also like the ability to change the appearance of ship interior DOff contacts using a tailor interface (either to create a whole new costume, or to use the appearance and name of one of my existing BOffs).
Please. :'(
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 27
06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
The tailor interface would be great... another interesting feature (though perhaps more difficult to implement) would be to actually have your DOffs on the ship, so you'd actually see people walking around (in your customized ship uniform) matching the race/gender/name of the various DOffs you have in your roster. Again, still hoping for a dev comment on this.
Survivor of Remus
# 28
06-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piatmini View Post
The tailor interface would be great... another interesting feature (though perhaps more difficult to implement) would be to actually have your DOffs on the ship, so you'd actually see people walking around (in your customized ship uniform) matching the race/gender/name of the various DOffs you have in your roster. Again, still hoping for a dev comment on this.
I imagine that would be MUCH harder to code ... but in a perfect role playing world it would indeed be AWESOME if our DOffs appear as our crew rather than just randomly generated NPCs.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Ensign
# 29 Oddy uniforms for everyone!
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Uniform control was one of the first things I wanted when I started playing STO. When I got my first Boffs all customized, I visited my bridge only to find *gasp* other officers wearing the rather ugly Anteres uniforms.

I really like the Odyssey uniform, and I'd love to have it as a standard uniform for my crew. Choosing races and gender would be icing on the cake.

But at the same time, perhaps the bridge seating could be fixed. I'm tired of my first officer sitting halfway through the floor of my Destiny bridge, two feet in front of her seat. That, and EVERY officer in a chair floating almost a foot above the actual seat. Being able to choose what seats your officers are in would be a nice customization bonus.
Quote:
[2:52:49 AM] Magic Odd Effect: Dancer and the Dickslaps
[2:52:52 AM] Magic Odd Effect: what a band name
Drunk? me?
NOOOOOOOOO. No no no. Nooooooooooooooo.
Commander
# 30
06-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Indeed I must insist on these changes. If you are to spend 550 zen on these things I believe the value of them should be stretched as far as possible. Race and gender would be so very wonderful as well.