i have a question about active duty DOFFs, lets say that u put a security officer on active duty ground that gives 20% chance to beam down a extra security team, if u put 3 of them dose the 20% stack to 60% or what?? and the same with the other Doffs do they all stack?
With three identical doffs in STO, should any of those doffs have its proc occur, then it won't matter if the rest do. i.e. the effects of a single doff proc occuring = if all three have theirs occur. In short, if I shoot you in the head with my rocket launcher, it won't matter if my two buddies shoot you in the head as well. Well except you'll spread farther.
1 x 60% doff = 60% of a proc occuring
3 x 20% doffs = 48.8%* chance of at least one doff's proc occurring
*For three doffs, chance of a proc NOT occurring = 80% x 3, so the chance that a proc will NOT occur is 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8 or 51.2%, conversely the chance that at least one proc will happen is 100% - 51.2% or 48.8% That's why purple doffs cost that much more.