Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Bonus Defence
12-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Is it bug or something?

I got -15% bonus defence when not wearing set on my ship.

When I put on Aegis set ( gives +5% bonus defence) my ship has -10% bonus defence.

How can be (-)% bonus? I sent mail to support before and they said they will report it. But after 2-3 maintenance there is I can't see any fix about bonus defence...I know they have busy to do many things,lots a work.I hope they will solve it soon if it is bug.

Regards,

here is screenshots:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6389/ship1w.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2312/shipmj.jpg
Career Officer
# 2
12-13-2012, 09:55 AM
you get - defense when your ship isn't moving. go to full ahead, your defense values will be appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
you get - defense when your ship isn't moving. go to full ahead, your defense values will be appropriate.
Omg tyvm What I'm dumb But really I didn't noticed check on while moving ship

Ty ty again
Career Officer
# 4
12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
no worries, also you can mouse over the stuff on the status window to get some more detailed explanation of the things listed
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I am noticing the same thing, however I think this is a bug, because if one goes full throttle, then full stop the bonus defense will display -0.0%

I to have the full Aegis set and if I do the above, then unequip/re-equip my set it will show 5% bonus defense.

Also ship type must play a role as my M.Mission gets a max bonus of 70% with Aegis, where my Mobius gets 80%

Engine power also seems to play a role, at 25% power my M.Mission gets 60%, but at 50% power it gets 70% and maxes there.

If this was by design, there would be no -15% penalty at rest one min, then a -0.0% the next.
Captain
# 6
02-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I have the Elusive trait, and as far as I know, this has always been there.

Sometimes I have -15% defense. But, after I move then stop, it give me 10% defense at stand still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmox64 View Post
I am noticing the same thing, however I think this is a bug, because if one goes full throttle, then full stop the bonus defense will display -0.0%

I to have the full Aegis set and if I do the above, then unequip/re-equip my set it will show 5% bonus defense.

Also ship type must play a role as my M.Mission gets a max bonus of 70% with Aegis, where my Mobius gets 80%

Engine power also seems to play a role, at 25% power my M.Mission gets 60%, but at 50% power it gets 70% and maxes there.

If this was by design, there would be no -15% penalty at rest one min, then a -0.0% the next.
Correct. You need to get to Impulse 24 to get the maximum defense for your ship type. It scales with anything lower than that.