Lieutenant
# 1 Question on fleets
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Those of you that play more than one character: Did you join a fleet for each character, or just for one character? I'm just wondering what the ettiquette is for that. Ifthere would be a conflict of interest if each character was in a different fleet, or if you put all your characters into the smae fleet or only play one of them in a fleet. Thanks.
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I have had different characters in different fleets. No one gave me any grief for it. I guess it's a matter of your preference. If you wanna dedicate all your characters to one fleet, that's your choice. If you wanna use your different characters in others, the same.

For instance, on one of my characters I like to RP so I have them connected with many RP people. On my main character, I don't really RP so the fleet they are in works fine.

I doubt anyone will give you any trouble. I mean it's your character, your time, your money. You should play the way that you like.
# 3
01-03-2013, 06:01 AM
The fleet I'm in doesn't require it however i keep all of my characters in one fleet now that the Starbase system has launched Any donations i make benefit all of my officers, I can't think of any reason beyond that to really encourage you to stay with a single fleet
Career Officer
# 4
01-03-2013, 06:37 AM
In our fleet, the Federation Missfits, we don't demand anything from our members. Although, even if I don't practise it, if a character is not being used, it will be demoted one rank for every month the owner isn't logging in with it. If reaching the lowest rank, the 'houserule' gives me the possibility to relieve them of duty, so to speak. Aka, kicked out.
This is well informed if the user read the fleet info tab.
As it is now, i am quite lenient. We are few members, and any unused alts being listed, aren't cluttering things up. If we become more members, I might have to step into character and become a little bit more rigid.

If a member/member's alt has been kicked, there is nothing stopping them of enrolling them again. Just speak up and an invitation will be sent.

If a player have other characters in other fleets, that is none of our business.
If a player don't donate, it is none of our business, eventhough we DO appreciate donations.
If a player is anonymous, it is none of our business.
The only thing we DO mind, are thieves and unpolite people.

/Fleet Admiral Kerayz@Sandormen123
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 5
01-03-2013, 06:40 AM
I agree with both olivia211 and emperordeslok: on the one hand its your choice and as long as the Fleet(s) do not have some internal policy directing its members one way or another, then it's ultimately up to you and your conscience. On the other hand, keeping all your toons in the same Fleet benefits them all (and ultimately the one Fleet through 100% of your efforts to support it).

the choice is yours and have no regrets. It's just a game, so have fun the way *you* want to have fun with it
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 6
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks everybody. These replies all helped. I think my biggest concern was just being in two different fleets that decided to schedule war games with each other, or some other type of issue. Doesn't sound like that's a problem. I'm kind of new to fleets, and the fleet I'm in is casual, small, hasn't been too active. I thought I could play my other toons in different styles of fleets to see how they go.

Thanks again, and happy new year!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I agree with both olivia211 and emperordeslok: on the one hand its your choice and as long as the Fleet(s) do not have some internal policy directing its members one way or another, then it's ultimately up to you and your conscience. On the other hand, keeping all your toons in the same Fleet benefits them all (and ultimately the one Fleet through 100% of your efforts to support it).

the choice is yours and have no regrets. It's just a game, so have fun the way *you* want to have fun with it
I disagree with both above and wrong advice...it all depends on the fleet you want to join in. Some large fleets (corporate type) won't allow you to have your characters in two different fleets. Yes...very easy to check from your domain name and they will ask you to choose or withdraw. I have been at least with 2 different large and "popular" fleets that required that. Every good fleet has a code...get to know it and read it...worst case ask around before you get in trouble. Smaller T1/T2 fleets dont care about it and probably better off with them...ultimately agreed that it's your choice
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
That's not really disagreeing... It's actually pretty much agreeing.

Anyway, consider the size of the fleets and their stance on progression. A larger fleet, the individual weight is pretty low, even if they're serious about progression, and there's enough hands to cover if you slack off. Casual fleets where progression isn't an active part of business also put little individual demand on members, but for the opposite reason. In both cases, you've got some more leeway in what you do with your alts.

A smaller fleet that's serious about progression, though (and there's a lot of them - they're the ones driving dilithium and doff prices), can be a huge individual burden - it can take a network of alts just to funnel in enough doffs and dilithium to make a worthwhile contribution.