Lieutenant
# 31
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronh42 View Post
Am I the only person who noticed that in TOS the creators seemed to be convinced that future clothing would primarily consist of naughty bits covering strips of cloth and full body jumpsuits?
Actually the creators of TOS deliberately put extra sex appeal in the show to distract the censors from the show's progressive messages, like black officers and captains, women in positions of authority, (relative) absence of things like nationalism and religious discrimination.
Career Officer
# 32
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I concur with the OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
watch out coming soon to a lock box near you

Venus Lockbox
including:

Venus drug consumable
TOS ladies wear
WALGMO female android Boff
Slap Kirk Emote
We should only be able to pick up this box from one of the Mudd Trading Company vessels passing through Sector Space.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 33
01-25-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
Actually the creators of TOS deliberately put extra sex appeal in the show to distract the censors from the show's progressive messages, like black officers and captains, women in positions of authority, (relative) absence of things like nationalism and religious discrimination.
Oh ho! There was more than just that! They hated the censors and did everything they could to give them the bird. Up to, and including getting the censor drunk so they could make the Mirror Universe episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
We should only be able to pick up this box from one of the Mudd Trading Company vessels passing through Sector Space.
It's brilliant!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 34
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM
I think thre is already enough skin fan service from the orions, we need the TNG formal dress for my picard cat. But I guess if you are looking for female outfits, why not more of Deanna Troys, like that blue dress....boff, should be able to use the off duty options too!
PWE Fail

How Picard dealt with ARC! <clip> DOOOM! People...minions of ARC! <clip>
Career Officer
# 35
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
I think all of those dresses are pretty silly, but I'm all for more costumes. And better ones. Just as long as they're C-Store account unlocks, not per-character Lobi stuff.
Career Officer
# 36
07-31-2013, 12:03 PM
While I'm not too fond of the selection the OP posted because they're essentially variants on a bikini, I'd happily spend zen on some of the other choices like these: http://imgur.com/eUpHrWG
Empire Veteran
# 37
07-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I would love to see a bundle in the c-store that includes off-duty outfits worn by the women of TOS, including

This

This

This

and

This

Please make it so.
Agreed these would be great to have in the C-store and Cryptic please make sure they are not faction or species specific if you want my money. Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
07-31-2013, 05:44 PM
While necroposts are a nono, I think that this thread should stay alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Heh... those kinds of outfits are the main reason why I don't dare let my boys watch TOS. My wife would go ballistic.
Bluegeek, whaddya mean your wife would go ballistic?
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Captain
# 39
07-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea66 View Post
While I'm not too fond of the selection the OP posted because they're essentially variants on a bikini, I'd happily spend zen on some of the other choices like these: http://imgur.com/eUpHrWG
Because wearing the drapes is so much better than a tin-foil bikini? Hell if we're gonna be cheesy, go all the way. Be serious or be silly, but don't loiter in between. Embrace the cheese!
Captain
# 40
07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I would love to see a bundle in the c-store that includes off-duty outfits worn by the women of TOS, including

This

This

This

and

This

Please make it so.
Wow, those look skimpy.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!