Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Can you give us a release date for series 8, and a rough idea of what will be in it?
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Can we please have the Typhoon Class?

When will the Tholians be added to the foundry?

Edit: In the foundry I found a outfit called "Enterprise Maco" ... it has no costume model for whatever reason but still, is the enterprise maco outfit in development? or any other outfits (fed/kdf or both) for that matter?
Career Officer
# 4
01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
will you be planning to add any new ground sets or maybe doing something smillar to the reputation system for the pvp revamps?
Ensign
# 5 Os X
When will STO be released for Mac OS X?
Ensign
# 6
With just under 1 month until the 3rd anniversary of STO, could you give us any details about the event that you all have planned and will we be seeing the Ambassador and/or K'Vort Classes as playable starships?

...and could you please leak any kind of info on TNG and/or Voyager bundles?

-Patton
Captain
# 7
01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
2 Questions:

1: Can we expect to see more varied or longer reputation systems? The whole "Select diffrent skills via choice and consequence" system appeals to me, and I'd like to see something similar, like... In 5 mins.
In that regards, is there a chance we could not have such a somewhat limited selection of missions to earn marks for said system?

2: Theres a lot of bugs floating around in the game... Listing them all would take too long, but I am sure you are aware of them to varying degrees?
Is there a plan to try to kill as many as possible like you did in one of the previous seasons? I mean assigning the dev team to focused seek out and fix long-standing issues while trying to fix them in such a manner that they are "permanent"?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 8
01-03-2013, 02:40 PM
While the reception of the reputation systems has been somewhat mixed on the boards I've thouroughly enjoyed it, even if there are numerous ways I could see to make the two tracks better.

That said, have you considered adjusting the rank system so that when a player hits level cap they become captain instead of Vice Admiral and moving all the Admiral/General ranks to a reputation system that is worked through at the player's leisure and locking the level cap at 50?
Career Officer
# 9
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
1.Exploration revamp has been on the "wish list" since around season 1. Any idea when that will get onto the actual drawing board and any hints as to what it may (or you would like it to) look like?

2. Main story content? I feel like the main story hasn't been furthered in a really long time (I want to say Season 2, but I can't even remember). As much as I appreciate all the work that's been done revamping systems and improving the game, I would really like to continue the story. When can we expect something in this regard?

Thanks!
Ensign
# 10 Glitch
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
yes i got a good question- when is the issue of graphics incompatibility going to be addressed?

I've spent good $ on the game, and in the recent updates, it seems- even tho it says it still is- that on-board intel graphics for wondows 7 is no longer compatable with STO. it causes crashes/freezes EVERY time you enter a space arena of ANY kind. posted multiple tickets, noone cares enough to email me. Answer THAT one.
Closed Thread