Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 11
01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Will the Remans ever get their own unique ships? I believe the Countdown comics provided a frigate design already.

Can you give us any info on what Season 8 will focus on? Will it continue the story of New Romulus, or will we get something totally different?

Have episode missions (not FEs, just regular missions) disappeared forever, or will we see more in the future?

Are you still planning to remaster some missions, or has that been thrown out in favor of constant new stuff? (not complaining, just wondering)

Are you still planning to revamp exploration?

Will we get to properly meet the captain of the K.D.F. Bortasqu'? We see them at Tau Dewa every now and then, but it would be nice to actually talk to them.

It's probably safe to say the Tholians are among the most mysterious races in Star Trek. Will we see their culture fleshed out, so to speak, in STO?

We haven't heard from the Undine in a while. What are they up to?

Why is the Terran Empire helping the Tholians? After that incident on Nukara, I would expect them to hate each others' guts.

Would it be possible to redo the KDF tutorial missions where you have to run around Qo'noS? It's really tedious and probably at least partly responsible for the lack of KDF players.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 01-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Captain
# 12
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Will we be getting new Fleet ship versions of the Guramba, Kar'fi, Marauder Flight deck cruiser, Dreadnought cruiser, and Dykr science vessel? These are the only level 50 z-store ships with 9 console slots left that don't have Fleet upgrades yet and are being left behind.

Any plans for Romulan space and ground missions that are STF difficulty and length that would reward a similar amount of marks and dil as the STF does?

Will the compressed cryo launcher be balanced for ground pvp?
Ensign
# 13
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Can you give us any information regarding when, if ever, we might see either:

a) customizable starship interiors
or
b) more "canon" interiors put on the C-store, like the Belfast bridge?

As the proud owner of an Odyssey Tactical Cruiser (including the bundle) I would very much like to see a full interior to match the Aquarius bridge. In my opinion it's the best bridge design in the game. But if there are no plans to release an interior that matches the aesthetics of this bridge, I would love the option to create my own.

UGC has already taken a larger role in the game with spotlights on Foundry missions, and it would be awesome to see this trend continue.
Lieutenant
# 14
01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Are we ever going to get an open Jacket variant of the Odyssey Uniform?

and

Why would a photonic life form, a borg dude that can survive in the vacuum of space, or a Breen dude that has an environmental suit already, need one to survive in the environmental hazard zones?
Ensign
# 15
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Since Windows 8 is the new current operating system for the Windows family, will STO be compatible with Windows 8?

Also will there be an *nix release of STO to target the Linux O/S? It would be nice to play it on ubuntu.
Rihannsu
# 16
Will you ever release a Max Level TR-116, either with or without the shoot through walls ability? In the next six months?

What are the stats for the andorian ship, and when will it be released, besides in the next six months. Or for that matter, why is it taking longer that expected? Coding, art, just didn't have the people?

Will you ever release TNG style weapons? In the next six months?

Will you ever release any new costumes, any based off of TOS, TNG, VOY, etc? Civialian ones? In the next six months?

Will you ever be able to directly buy Lobi Crystals like you buy zen? In the next six months?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 17
1) the sector Borg alerts are annoying as they are right now. Any chance of an hourly calendar event instead?
2) can you give us a definite "yes season eight will have kdf only playable content" or "no, none at this time" answer?
Career Officer
# 18
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I am a crafter. I have been a crafter in MMO's more then anything else. I have had to get my crafting fix in other MMo's because STO and its crafting falls flat.

Is there any chance in developing a crafting system more detailed??......thus far crafting produces nothing of value other then the AEGIS (that is debatable) and the SCi console that increases shield hit points.

The ability to craft purple quality items as well as items with specific traits would be something to look forward to. i.e. cap x3 shields or a shiled with true phaser resistance i.e. COV shield x2 vs phasers CAP

Perhaps create a reputation system for crafting that could include several diff factions and you chhose the faction you want to work with and can create special items.

2nd Question The reputation system is far too limited, The rewards for each tier are far too confining. I would love to see the game devs develop more options for each tier. Having only 2 options severely limits playstyle. Maybe as many as 5 or 6 options. One aspect about MMO's is the peronsalization of toons......
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Ensign
# 19
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Do you plan on creating anymore new episodes for us to enjoy? If so are the sooner, or later?
Lieutenant
# 20
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Any chance of PvP getting serious attention? The boot camp seems like a nice idea, but that's just a treatment for the symptoms, not the cure.

I'm kind of disappointed with season 7's reputation system. I'm just made MACO tier 4 but pre-season 7 I was consistently earning tier 5 rewards. If you expanded the reputation system I wouldn't mind so much having to re-earn what was already available to me. Specifically, do you have plans with adding Federation and Klingon Empire reputation?

Are there any plans to bring back the Omgea Force vendor, Roxy, with her Doffs, and ect.?

Edit: I'd also like to say thank you for the hard work you and the rest of the STO team does.

Last edited by cidevant; 01-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread