Lt. Commander
I received numerous complaints regarding one of my missions today. In the middle of a map transition to the Sol System - Space map, a popup window comes up that reads "Couldn't Transfer Character", then the player is booted out back to the login screen.

This only started happening today, and I haven't published any updates to the mission for some time now. I read that this error has happened before. Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Yep. Happening to my spotlight mission as well. Not sure what's going on. Doesn't seem to be affecting all missions equally, but that mission of mine has been getting hammered all afternoon.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I received numerous complaints regarding one of my missions today. In the middle of a map transition to the Sol System - Space map, a popup window comes up that reads "Couldn't Transfer Character", then the player is booted out back to the login screen.

This only started happening today, and I haven't published any updates to the mission for some time now. I read that this error has happened before. Is there anything that can be done to fix it?
Thanks for the report -- the team is investigating.

I should note that I played several Foundry missions this afternoon and did not run into this issue, but I did see a couple of reviews left for some of the recent Foundry spotlights where a few players reported this, so I let the team know.

If you are seeing any reviews that mention this is affecting your mission, please post your mission's name and number code in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 4
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
I think only happens when that zone is full
I get it alot at ESD or DS9 or sirus eta secor blocks the heavy zones
no surprise had it happen in winterwonderland alot when busy
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thanks for the report -- the team is investigating.

I should note that I played several Foundry missions this afternoon and did not run into this issue, but I did see a couple of reviews left for some of the recent Foundry spotlights where a few players reported this, so I let the team know.

If you are seeing any reviews that mention this is affecting your mission, please post your mission's name and number code in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
OK. As per instruction:

Mission Name: Dark Alliance Part 1
ID: ST-HPVNOTTZY

FYI this error only happens in "Live". I just played through the mission on Foundry preview and it works fine.

Thanks for the quick response, Brandon!

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Captain
# 6
01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Yes, I got one of these reviews for "Relics." Only one though. Not sure what kept the player from beaming down."
Rihannsu
# 7
01-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I've seen it, and it appears to be partly random. AFAIK it doesn't indicate that soemthing is wrong with the mission. I'm not sure but it might actually be a server timeout.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Argh, every time I zone during "Saturday's Child" it is doing the "Couldn't Transfer Character" error. Luckily I can just log back in and click normal login and good to go until next map switch.

EDIT: Typed too soon. I can not get in "The Princess and the Klingon" part of "Saturday's Child", always drops me when I try to beam down.

Last edited by voiceoftemprus; 01-07-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Ensign
# 9
01-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Having the same issue with this episode. Same exact symptom, boots out to the login screen. Doesn't matter if I log in Normal or Safe Mode, and I've also tried restarting it from the beginning before the patrol, same issue- it has to be something with the server content.
Ensign
# 10
01-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Having the same issue with "cold comfort" when trying to enter Raveh II.
When asked, other people had the same problems, with the same system.

Last edited by thebrinx; 01-08-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Closed Thread