Lt. Commander
i clicked to join infected the conduit and it put me in infected the manus i immediately left it removed all stfs from my menu saying i was blocked from stfs for 1 hour the i tryied clicking on fleet mark mission no win scenario and the chat window said i was banned from joining any queques WHY ?
Captain
# 2
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know... Maybe because of all the people who hop into these things, grab only what they are after and then bail? Hasn't that been one of the things people have been raging about for a while?
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Career Officer
# 3
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Because you're a leaver and just screwed 4 other people over in that STF... Seems pretty straight forward... The penalty has been around for awhile now.
Career Officer
# 4
12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
You're blocked from the entire PvE queue for one hour if you leave an STF. I do not believe this is new.

This would be the first case I'd ever heard of being placed into the wrong STF by the software's fault -- it has always been a mistake by the user in cases I've seen or heard about.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 5
12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
definitly a case of user error - you clicked the wrong Que and when you started saw that you were in the wrong mission and bailed. 1 hour penalty. I Have done it as well. In my case i would have stayed but I put myself in the hardest ground elite and the toon was not spec'd for ground or equiped either for ground. I hoped that if i left right away they would get a new person as I would have been useless. Still got the penalty, that's what you get for not paying attention when the window box comes up.
Captain
# 6
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
You're blocked from the entire PvE queue for one hour if you leave an STF. I do not believe this is new.

This would be the first case I'd ever heard of being placed into the wrong STF by the software's fault -- it has always been a mistake by the user in cases I've seen or heard about.
Well, in all fairness, the other day I posted a reply to a one topic in these forums and for some stupid reason, the reply ended up in a different topic. I know for a fact I was replying to the correct topic, because I did not leave it and I clicked on reply. So this was not a user-error.

If it can happen with one set of server-side routing instructions, it can happen with another. Not saying that it DID happen, but just that it could have.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Captain
# 7
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Well, in all fairness, the other day I posted a reply to a one topic in these forums and for some stupid reason, the reply ended up in a different topic. I know for a fact I was replying to the correct topic, because I did not leave it and I clicked on reply. So this was not a user-error.

If it can happen with one set of server-side routing instructions, it can happen with another. Not saying that it DID happen, but just that it could have.
was the topic you were trying to reply to in the process of being merged with another thread? If a mod merges a thread while your reply window is open, your message will appear under the new thread.
Lt. Commander
# 8 reply
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
i can understand being barred from that stf for one hour or all stfs but it locked me out of all content in the pve queques i could not do any of the pve missions which i think is overkill does this mean the next time i am in stf and the server boots me when i log back in i will be barred from playing? and i think thiss is something new
Captain
# 9
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22 View Post
i can understand being barred from that stf for one hour or all stfs but it locked me out of all content in the pve queques i could not do any of the pve missions which i think is overkill does this mean the next time i am in stf and the server boots me when i log back in i will be barred from playing? and i think thiss is something new
yes the ban from all PvE Q's is new for season 7
Captain
# 10
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
This penalty timer has been around before season 7, and has carried over. The only solution found so far is to wait it out in current mission at least a min of 15-20mins. than you can freely leave without penalty. So hang tough in those misclicked missions and help in any way you can for that duration of time until you can depart without penalty.