Republic Veteran
# 111
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectamabob View Post
That's no way to make money. Don't need to be a Vulcan, just a mature adult. Customers are not boyfriends/girlfriends, and something is VERY wrong if that level of emotion is being ascribed to what is merely a small-instance professional relationship.

If "I'm leaving" threads are banned by the forum TOS, then that's a(nother) sign that they don't really WANT to improve.

Again: leavers are what actually damages the game's/company's the bottom line, not complainers who stay. If they are so fragile that they can't even accept the very existence of leavers' complaints, then they (and the game) are doomed.
No they don't, they get trolled, and bashed by other players...Now can I has your stuff.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Lieutenant
# 112
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Your joking on the dil part right?

Dil is easy to get. Any easier and no one will ever put any money into the game man. Just how free do you want the game to be?
Captain
# 113
01-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
BFD. People say stuff to stir things up all the time. As a forum goer, it's just as much on you if you respond. It shouldn't matter where it's said, the actual merits of a complaint are gonna be the same regardless, so rest is just extraneous ballyhoo.

Also, it probably gives people catharsis. Being ignored by the devs on the forum prolly feels more like you did something than getting ignored by the devs via email. Sometimes people gotta vent whether they're leaving or not, and why shouldn't they if they're really that frustrated?
Vent without crying like a 5 year old who got his ball stole. You can make a productive post about things you don't like without stamping your feet and pouting. I'd ignore you too.

Last edited by xantris; 01-06-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Captain
# 114
01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
If "I'm leaving" threads are banned by the forum TOS, then that's a(nother) sign that they don't really WANT to improve.
No, this is just a standard industry practice designed to keep useless drivel from flooding the forums everytime someone doesn't like something. Take the same post content (assuming your posting something worthwhile), get rid of the childish "I quit" whining, and the post won't be removed.
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Most of the leaver posts I've seen have been no different in the tone of their complaints than the average non-leaver complaints and "devs, you should do this..." posts. The only thing that distinguishes them on balance is that the people posting claim they're leaving. If you hold such expectations to leavers, they you gotta hold the same to non-leavers. A legit complaint is a legit complaint, regardless, and the same goes for whines.
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Also, I find it fascination that you guys are talking like I'm a leaver myself, even though I'm not. That says a lot about the emotion vs. logic aspects of this issue.
Captain
# 117
01-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Leaver posts are a bunch of whines. So are the stayers because they all amount to, "Tailor the game for me or else!" And then no one ever stays away.

The ten character limit on replies is why you get, "I can has stuffs?" replies instead of just the eyeroll emoticon.
# 118
01-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Also, I find it fascination that you guys are talking like I'm a leaver myself, even though I'm not. That says a lot about the emotion vs. logic aspects of this issue.
Nah, it's just that you're defending a really stupid subject.
Republic Veteran
# 119
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Most of the leaver posts I've seen have been no different in the tone of their complaints than the average non-leaver complaints and "devs, you should do this..." posts. The only thing that distinguishes them on balance is that the people posting claim they're leaving. If you hold such expectations to leavers, they you gotta hold the same to non-leavers. A legit complaint is a legit complaint, regardless, and the same goes for whines.
You can say you're leaving, you just can't start a thread and seek attention as if Cryptic is going to do a romantic comedy and Stop you from leaving and saying they will better themselves just for you.

The forums would be empty if no one could complain being that's all there is here.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Commander
# 120
01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
No, this is just a standard industry practice designed to keep useless drivel from flooding the forums everytime someone doesn't like something. Take the same post content (assuming your posting something worthwhile), get rid of the childish "I quit" whining, and the post won't be removed.
i quit threads also make no sense in a F2P game.

"hey Guise you know That game that I don't put any money into?!?! Yeah well I quit it LOL".

I don't do a lot of things but you don't seem me being all drama about it. If you don't feel like playing the game fine. Go take a break or leave, no one cares.