Lt. Commander
# 11
01-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
While I am happy that the MX XII armour is now easier to get I am not happy that you have to pay for a reward you have unlocked and the amount of grind you have to do. I understand grinding is part of the MMO but grinding for the following
Romulan marks
Omega marks
Dilithium
Fleet marks
Seem to be to much grinding for a game with so little story content and a unfinished faction
Yes, I agree,...... just give us "Marks" and let me decide where to use them, more flexibility

We have Lobi crystals, zen, dil, all the marks, fleet modules, fleet credits, gpl, etc..... too many currencies to grind.

Thx
Locutus
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-04-2013, 06:37 AM
I hit Tier 1 and am working towards Tier 2. I just wish I knew what was holding me back from picking my first Tier passive? The UI says Upgrade Availible and I can highlight a passive in iether Omega or Romulus but nothing states I have picked anything and the passive does not show up.

SO is thier some pre-quest one has to complete first?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 13
01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I hit Tier 1 and am working towards Tier 2. I just wish I knew what was holding me back from picking my first Tier passive? The UI says Upgrade Availible and I can highlight a passive in iether Omega or Romulus but nothing states I have picked anything and the passive does not show up.

SO is thier some pre-quest one has to complete first?
Hi Roach... When you finish a tier, you need to do a tier upgrade special project, and the reward for that is you get to pick your passive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Hi Roach... When you finish a tier, you need to do a tier upgrade special project, and the reward for that is you get to pick your passive.
Yes, it is another project to unlock what you just earned...... <sigh>
Captain
# 15
01-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
So, I'm sure many of us have hit T5 rep in either Rom/Omega by now (I hit T5 for both factions yesterday), coincidentally the complaints about S7 on forums have significantly died down.. what happened guys?? Keep em coming!!
People just stopped playing and/or caring.

After taking a three weeks hiatus from "Star Trek: Online", I decided to sign back into the system. Within a few moments of reentering the game, I discovered that the passion that drove me to "STO" is over.

No more feedback.

No more complaints.

No longer care.

Last edited by linyive; 01-04-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Captain
# 16
01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't like the increase cost of about everything. To buy gear you need dil, which is obtained through grind, not skills. The maco, omega and romulan gear is not difficult to obtain, but annoying.
I had no problem about doing difficult STF to have the gear, the random part was annoying however. But now, no need to do something difficult, grind eppohs for romulan and normal ISE for omega, even a complete noob in miranda can't fail those (if he have a half decent team).

We went from the endless grind of difficult mission, with a lot of frustration, to the super easy grindfest.

However, a good thing for some people, the Zen market is crashing, allowing us to buy zen really cheap.
Commander
# 17
01-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Yes, it is another project to unlock what you just earned...... <sigh>
It's hardly a problem. A 15 minute project that requires next to no resources.
Captain
# 18
01-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Overall I am fine with the current system - there are lots of things that bug me but nothing that's a deal-breaker playing the game wise.

I thought things would pick up on the forums after the Holidays but it seems there is not lots to talk about and/or people are already hitting that post season launch burn-out and doing other stuff.
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-04-2013, 07:18 AM
The complaints were never real.

Sure cryptic does lots of bad things (worst faction in mmo history, fleet project dil costs, thinking that ships are considered content) but people will complain whenever cryptic does anything whatsoever. Even without trying it
Career Officer
# 20
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
People just stopped playing and/or caring.

After taking a three weeks hiatus from "Star Trek: Online", I decided to sign back into the system. Within a few moments of reentering the game, I discovered that the passion that drove me to "STO" is over.

No more feedback.

No more complaints.

No longer care.
^^ this.

A significant number of the people I used to run STFs with are no longer online - those that are spend less and less time in-game (myself included).

I've got one more race to run to get the Breen ship for my last alt then I'll be taking a break from STO until the 3 year anniversary.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012