Lieutenant
# 31
01-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't think the complaints have died down...I think we've given up. After 7 seasons of ever decreasing dev team size / smaller updates / bugs that have gone unfixed / lack of foresight when changing y which affects x... list goes on and on and doesn't seem to get better with each new season.
Captain
# 32
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
People just stopped playing and/or caring.

After taking a three weeks hiatus from "Star Trek: Online", I decided to sign back into the system. Within a few moments of reentering the game, I discovered that the passion that drove me to "STO" is over.

No more feedback.

No more complaints.

No longer care.
Agree. Now that the WWL quest is finished I'm hesitant about going back to the old grind, and with the rep system completely nullifying the exclusiveness of the STF sets I've no desire to obtain them for my toons that haven't earned them pre S7- which takes them out of PvP viability.

I'll wait for the next rep system since the current system rewards will undoubtedly be inferior, and I'de saved millions of dilith by waiting so I can buy the next best thing.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 33
01-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I am only halfway through the game on my first toon and thinking about "what it'll be like".
Enjoy the ride - levelling up your first character, with the plethora of interesting story missions available to you is great fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Having said that, could it be that part of the 'complaints" about Season 7 comes from players who have "been there and done that" then? What I mean, is that, for some players, Season 7 was a way to do something different despite it being new. But, these posts highlight that, given dedicated time, Season 7 will last about ... 3 months at most?
Well, herein lies the problem - the content you're exploring now, all these stories and missions, was all created when STO was a pay-2-play game - that's the game I invested a Lifetime Subscription in and that's the game I wanted to see grow and evolve.

Prior to F2P, STO had a year of no new content due to issues between Atari and Cryptic (the story goes they couldn't even afford coffee mugs for the break room) - even despite this lack of progress, a lot of us continued to hang in there - find things to do, level up new alts and buy whatever new stuff appeared in the C-Store to support Cryptic and the game.

And then when PWE bought Cryptic there was a lot of positive spin put on the deal - PvP is a big priority for PWE and PWE wants a complete KDF faction being the two most memorable, quoted and probably for Stahl, regrettable.

But since PWE entered the picture, the only new stuff we didn't already have is:

Defera
Nukara
New Romulus
Fleet Starbases
Reputation System

Arguably, the very worst content this game has to offer right now. None of it advances the story they spent so long setting up, none of it is fun. And supposedly the team is bigger than its ever been, so this is it - this is the very best Cryptic can do with Star Trek. Such a wasted opportunity.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 01-04-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Captain
# 34
01-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I love the new stuff, and it's what got me to return after half a year away.

I say this not to say folks are wrong to dislike it, but to point out the views are not universal.
I love not having to grab a catheter and run STFs I LOATHE (ground elite, UGH) to get a few extra costume options for my beleaguered KDF characters.
Career Officer
# 35
01-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I love the new stuff, and it's what got me to return after half a year away.
Not being snarky - just genuine interest here - if you have the time to answer the question, what is it exactly you love about Defera, Nukara, Romulus and the Rep/Starbase system?

Unless it's just about the Mk XII gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I say this not to say folks are wrong to dislike it, but to point out the views are not universal.
I love not having to grab a catheter and run STFs I LOATHE (ground elite, UGH) to get a few extra costume options for my beleaguered KDF characters.
You see, I love ground STFs - honestly the most fun and challenging times I've had in this game outside of PvP (which continues to be neglected by the Devs).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 36
01-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I still hate season 7 grind tng...... I think people just get tired of pointing out the obvious.....
Career Officer
# 37
01-04-2013, 09:47 AM
As mentioned above by another poster, my main complaint at the moment is that They are creating another mish-mash of Marks we have to collect.

I'd rather They just make One Type..., (or even two.. a Fed type & a Klingon type)
Then adjust the assorted Rep requirements upward or downward to accommodate what They feel is the appropriate 'grind' to acquire the items/passives.

I'd rather be able to decide for myself, which missions throughout the game, I wish to play at any given moment, than be forced to repeat a few missions 100's of times.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 38
01-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
post some screenshots so we can tell whats going on?
I will attempt to do so later today when I am back at my gaming* PC.

* term used loosely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiecho View Post
I'm seroiusly thinking about leaving this game for a while.
Captain
# 39
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I was always fairly pleased with how season seven turned out. Sure, there were more than enough issues to warrant complaining, but most of those have been fixed now, so I'm more or less happy.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 40
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Not being snarky - just genuine interest here - if you have the time to answer the question, what is it exactly you love about Defera, Nukara, Romulus and the Rep/Starbase system?

Unless it's just about the Mk XII gear?
Well, for one thing, it's new stuff. Defera was fun for a while, though I don't normally repeat the stuff. I haven't really played with Nukara. Romulus was fun for a while but I've been skipping a lot of the ground stuff for now (until I start having to spring for 500 mark stuff).

Starbase kinda bites KDF-side, but at least we can slowly chip away at it. And if I really want to get a fleet ship I can bounce fleets to do so.

Reputation pleases me a lot because it's one rather clear route to get stuff, and I know roughly when I'll get it. The gambling in the old system... angered me so much I ended up disgusted with the entire game. I hate raids, I hate grinding raids.

Now? If I don't like a particularly STF, I don't have to run it. The range of options to get omega marks isn't huge (it'd be nice if there were a few other things that gave it, but I haven't really looked hard -- doing one or two STFs now and then is enough to move me along).

In short, there's just... STUFF. Lots of stuff to do. And the improvements to Foundry make me very happy. (Even if there's a bug with eligibility right now)

I love the new stuff because I have lots of options of what to do with my time. Almost too much! That beats the old days where I could either rerun story missions, or... um... pvp, I guess. Or run yet another elite ground STF that would probably fall apart halfway through, which I would hate every second of, for a lottery ticket for the possibility that MAYBE I'll get gear.

Yeah. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
You see, I love ground STFs - honestly the most fun and challenging times I've had in this game outside of PvP (which continues to be neglected by the Devs).
Well, among other things, I hate jumping puzzles in this game. Particularly combined with OH NO YOU DIED hope someone can get over to you since you can't rez without being outside the area!

But, honestly, it's awesome that it's there for you. I just didn't like the fact that if someone doesn't enjoy it, they were pretty much excluded from certain gear.

(And PvP is mostly dead to me unless they add pug-only modes. Ship balance is also gone to hades)