Captain
# 41
01-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
As mentioned above by another poster, my main complaint at the moment is that They are creating another mish-mash of Marks we have to collect.

I'd rather They just make One Type..., (or even two.. a Fed type & a Klingon type)
Then adjust the assorted Rep requirements upward or downward to accommodate what They feel is the appropriate 'grind' to acquire the items/passives.

I'd rather be able to decide for myself, which missions throughout the game, I wish to play at any given moment, than be forced to repeat a few missions 100's of times.
It used to be worse, then it got better... but, agreed, it's starting to get worse.

What I'd like is, say, the ability to turn Fleet marks into Reputation. Or something. (This would help folks disinterested in Fleets something to do with them).

Actually, what would be really cool is if Foundry missions could set what rewards they give -- Fleet, Omega, or Romulan marks. Maybe even bonus dilithium or other stuff. This would let you add 'flavor' to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
But since PWE entered the picture, the only new stuff we didn't already have is:

Defera
Nukara
New Romulus
Fleet Starbases
Reputation System

Arguably, the very worst content this game has to offer right now. None of it advances the story they spent so long setting up, none of it is fun. And supposedly the team is bigger than its ever been, so this is it - this is the very best Cryptic can do with Star Trek. Such a wasted opportunity.
I could not have said it any better, spot on. Cryptic should have the man/brain/programming power at this point to make correct what has been broken for so long, pithy little issues that plague your simple game play. Poor KDF still hasn't gotten any attention other than a 'stern glare' from the Dev's in question. The thing that really makes me angry is that they still expect people to pay a monthly fee ON TOP of all the other items they want you to sink money into, as broken as this game still is 3 years later with not much of any new content. I figured after being gone for 2 years the level cap would have gone up at least 5 levels, or a lot of the little bugs that existed previously would be resolved. They had no problem developing things for you to spend real money on though!
Lieutenant
# 43
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
the officer report daily does give fleet marks and it's repeatable.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bghost View Post
the officer report daily does give fleet marks and it's repeatable.
That is true, but Cryptic didn't develop anything there all they did was change the frequency and reward amount for doing them - Players created that content. Nothing there to really praise Cryptic for other than doing something they should have done a while ago.
Captain
# 45
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
That is true, but Cryptic didn't develop anything there all they did was change the frequency and reward amount for doing them - Players created that content. Nothing there to really praise Cryptic for other than doing something they should have done a while ago.
And only after they nearly destroyed that mission's functionality.
Career Officer
# 46
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
My largest complaint after its all said and done is that they have took all the good stuff in S6 and made it irrelevant by making the best way to get fleet marks as solo tasks. Instead of us playing together to benefit the fleet, we go our separate ways to get marks... too many bandaids to fix the wrong problems. They need to seriously boost fleet mark rewards in missions where fleet marks are the primary (and only) reward. I can complete a 15 minute foundry mission in 5-6 minutes, several of these are out there, so why would I do one of the best rewarding fleet missions like blockade for 60 marks during the event hour when I can get 150 marks in the same time, any time?

Sure, dilithium is an issue, but you can deal with it.. the crunch right now it rough
The romulan marks are grindy as anything and poor game mechanics, not fun.
The consumed items for the reputation system are inventory nightmares, nobody thought this through at all.
Career Officer
# 47
01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I think the complaints have died down just due to the normal course of human psychology. People hate change. We think we don't, but we do. People decried how bad Season 6 was, how nothing was added, and how they're rage quitting the game. Then they got used to it. Season 7 was a bit worse since it changed existing systems, rather than just people complaining there wasn't enough new. Like anything else though, people get used to it and quiet down. They may continue to pine for the "good old days", but who's to say if they were really happier before?

Cryptic has listened to a lot of feedback and tweaked a lot of stuff. Not all of it I agree with necessarily (I think Fleet Actions should deliver more dil than a Normal STF considering they DON'T provide any marks, and the STFs now drop good gear again too). Still, they listened and gave the community most of what they wanted. STFs got their dil and their loot back. Officer Reports got fixed and is better than ever. The Conversion Crate restriction was lifted. Rep project timers were halved or effectively eliminated in the case of requisitions and unlocks. Rep input costs were adjusted. All the big complaints have been addressed, all that's left is nitpicking.

Some don't like the Rep system. It's a "grind". Honestly the leveling was so easy as to be simply a matter of time. After I got my Conversion Crate opened, I coasted through the rest of Omega rep on the 1500 marks that came out of it. Romulan reputation I would just do one round of the Patrol daily, the Radiation daily, and the various New Romulus ground dailies on the weekend, and turn it all in during a bonus event. That would give me enough Rommy marks to coast the entire week with marks to spare.

Getting actual gear is a different matter, but still not that big a deal. Yeah, that Mark XII space set is gonna take you 34 Elite STFs barest possible minimum. Probably going to be more like 40-45. But, hey, aren't you supposed to "earn" that gear? Doesn't running that many Elites qualify? Yeah, you could do it running only 10-15 Elites to get the BNP and making up the rest in Normals, but damn that'd be a lot of Normals. Faster to run the elites even if you fail the optionals all the time.

As for Romulan stuff, there are so many ways to get that you really can not complain. You can do New Romulus' infamous scan and collect missions (mindless and easy, and somewhat relaxing). You can do the New Romulus story missions (these could probably pay out better). You can patrol systems in Tau Dewa. You can raise Epohhs. You can run Romulan Fleet Actions. Skip the ones you don't like and focus on the ones you do, rotate through them all, whatever. If you don't like any of it, well sorry to hear that, but I don't really know what you were expecting.

Most of all, understand that you don't need to get everything. As the Devs have pointed out, a single character should not necessarily be able to have every single thing from every single reputation. As they add more reputations, this will only become more true. Look at what's available, decide what you really want, and work toward it.
Empire Veteran
# 48
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
The game has become much less play for fun and much more play for resource acquisition.

Dilithium cost are being added to everything that the player base uses frequently.

I do not hate season 7, I have accepted it for what it is ....A Giant Resource Sink

Do I like Season 7... Not really, is it better than nothing ...Yes

I think I'd like the whole rep grind for endgame STF gear if Cryptic had left us the random chance of the gear still dropping has rewards upon the completion of an STF mission.

Season 7 still has quite a few bugs that need to be dealt with; I've somehow lost Exp with my Romulan rep system.

I have 14 days to go till I hit T5 in both rep system (baring any more glitches) and once I max out both my Rep systems with my KDF main, I might take another break from STO till the 3 year anniversary roles in.

To sum it up:

If you can deal with the Grind Season 7 gives you something to do; however, if I had not been returning to STO from a 6 month hiatus and had I not been looking for any reason to give STO a try again, I'd have nothing to do with it.
Career Officer
# 49
01-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Most of all, understand that you don't need to get everything. As the Devs have pointed out, a single character should not necessarily be able to have every single thing from every single reputation. As they add more reputations, this will only become more true. Look at what's available, decide what you really want, and work toward it.
If this were true, then why aren't their any space weapons in the Omega rep (barring the Cutting Beam/Omega Torp)? And why isn't there a decent end-game space set in the Romulan rep (since the Omega/KHG/MACO sets completely outclass the Reman/Romulan sets)?

Also, at VA, what's the point in Mk X and XI unlocks other than to pad the already anaemic content in the Rep system?

Assuming you don't want Fleet weapons (and I'd rather have the [Acc]x2 Romulan weapons even though they're Plasma) then the Romulan rep is the only place outside of the Exchange to get purple Mk XII's now. If you want the best ship shield in the game (MACO Mk XII) then you have to unlock Omega Tier 5.

Additionally, if you want story content it looks like the only way you're going to get from now on is via the Rep system.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 50
01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
This thread is THE BEST to come along in a few days!!!

Why - because people are talking - even if they are complaining it still means they care about the game - that is always a good sign