Captain
# 51
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
My largest complaint after its all said and done is that they have took all the good stuff in S6 and made it irrelevant by making the best way to get fleet marks as solo tasks.
... right and that is because?

Quote:
Instead of us playing together to benefit the fleet, we go our separate ways to get marks... too many bandaids to fix the wrong problems.
I rarely get enough people on my Fleet to even get a full group, even getting 4 of 5 is not common.

What you are saying is ... "hey! I want a few Fleets to advance and everyone else be at T1" and I wonder is if you dont want to kill off smaller Fleets so the MegaFleets get even more members so you have to pay even less.

You people are not fooling me one bit with your "we need grouping content" because what you people want is to destroy the casual Fleets so it makes YOUR road to T5 even easier.
Commander
# 52
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
If this were true, then why aren't their any space weapons in the Omega rep (barring the Cutting Beam/Omega Torp)? And why isn't there a decent end-game space set in the Romulan rep (since the Omega/KHG/MACO sets completely outclass the Reman/Romulan sets)?

Also, at VA, what's the point in Mk X and XI unlocks other than to pad the already anaemic content in the Rep system?

Assuming you don't want Fleet weapons (and I'd rather have the [Acc]x2 Romulan weapons even though they're Plasma) then the Romulan rep is the only place outside of the Exchange to get purple Mk XII's now. If you want the best ship shield in the game (MACO Mk XII) then you have to unlock Omega Tier 5.

Additionally, if you want story content it looks like the only way you're going to get from now on is via the Rep system.
1) because they didn't work properly and have been replaced by set bonuses.

2) the point of Mk X and XI is to allow players to get it earlier than you describe.
They are cheap and easy to obtain starting at Tier1/2. Your point is mute.

3) Yeah, if you want something you'll have to work for it.
How about a MACO Mk X for a start? You want the BEST shield? Work for it.
Like anything changed in that regard.

4) Unlikely, altho the items certainly come from the rep system now and the Romulan rep system comes with a bit of the story.

You're totally ignoring important parts of your own argument and consequently your conclusions are wrong.
Career Officer
# 53
01-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Wait, it's you again! It's nothing personal but it seems our viewpoints commonly differ.

First: the Assimilated Universal Console would like to have a word with you about how much easier it is to obtain.
LOLWUT? It was easier before - it came from the 8472/Undine chain....
Career Officer
# 54
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbehlpnu2012 View Post
I don't think the complaints have died down...I think we've given up. After 7 seasons of ever decreasing dev team size / smaller updates / bugs that have gone unfixed / lack of foresight when changing y which affects x... list goes on and on and doesn't seem to get better with each new season.
Pretty much THIS.

I think it's more likley more of us are suffering from "complaint fatigue" than anything else. It's just so damn sysyphustic to comoplain or voice concerns where it would seem that many changes in the games are simply to corral us into a certain game type and metrics model rather than letting us have fun. Grinds, nerfs and lockboxes have taken over for innovation, creativity and fun.
Commander
# 55
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
LOLWUT? It was easier before - it came from the 8472/Undine chain....
Correct.

The 10 character limit is making me type more stuff.
My statement wasn't sarcastic : the console has become much more difficult to obtain.

Altho that is on of the few real changes.
Getting a MACO MK XII set still takes a long time, except that now it's not down to luck but rather how much work you invest - and that really only affects the speed of acquisition.
Captain
# 56
01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't think the complaints have necessarily died. I think the complainers have for the most part adjusted to the new system, muttering as they go. The game didn't suffer from a loss in players, and if anything they increased during the annual Winterland event.

Were the changes worth it? I am leaning to the yes column having finally broken through the T5 reputation barriers for both OMEGA and Romulan reputations.

For those of use who grind STF's regularly, the drops and dilithium are as good as or better than before. The only exception is that we don't get as many weapon drops that enabled purchases of [Borg] bonus weapons. So 'weapons' drops seem smaller.

Simplification of the drop mechanics and resources needed for purchases have gotten a lot easier. Shields, Deflectors and Engines have become more expensive, while they have increased the number and type of options, both individually and by set.

The introduction of special reputation aligned weapons and sets have raised the bar significantly. The X grade (blue) versions are 'interesting', but when compared to old X sets seem uninviting. XI and XII though are very interesting and offer a plasma-based option (once sneered at in PvP) that really changes the game.

New Romulan consoles that have other bonuses like Threat adjustment, and added plasma procs. I'm actually looking forward to getting a Romulan ship now in Season 8.

Things I liked about season seven:
  1. New Romulus & the Tau Sector
  2. Tholians
  3. New Borg (Cutting beam, Omega torpedo) and New Romulan weapons
  4. The Elite Scorpian Hanger.
  5. Passive skill bonuses. All of them.

Things I didn't like about season seven:
  1. Dilithium Market fluctuations. It's getting expensive out there.
  2. Slowed Starbase construction. See above for details.
  3. HSE payout. Weak considering the effort and the first STF I really don't want to repeat.
  4. Buying items in stacks of 20's, when you use 100's.
  5. SERVER NOT RESPONDING (112.5ms)
  6. Game support that doesn't represent the quality of the game, or the IP

I think the reputation system will be great for later expansion, and the introduction of small, playable races. So yeah, season seven worked for me

Admiral Thrax
Career Officer
# 57
01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Correct.

My statement wasn't sarcastic : the console has become much more difficult to obtain.

Getting a MACO MK XII set still takes a long time, except that now it's not down to luck but rather how much work you invest - and that really only affects the speed of acquisition.
I must be getting older...I though you said it was easier to get now....

My bad...
Captain
# 58
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't know about others luck but Proto salvage used to rain down on me pretty often - which allowed toons easy access to Purple M12 Antiproton and other decent weapons

Now I find out - you Fubar'd if you don't want to go fleet or Exchange

Pretty much they could have left those in the Omega store and just removed the borg proc - why did they not do this - why why why???

why can't we get those for just marks for running the missions?

Cryptic please do something and at least retro-activily go into accounts and change them to "bound to account" - I have lots that I could switch to new toons.
Commander
# 59
01-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I must be getting older...I though you said it was easier to get now....

My bad...
I'm not a native English speaker, so some fault at least lies with me.
My previous explanation is bogus, I said it wasn't sarcasting while it was exactly that, since I said the console would like to have a word with him about how much _easier_ it is to obtain (which is, in fact, much more difficult).

Sometimes people don't detect the sarcasm - sometimes people don't detect their own.
Captain
# 60
01-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Correct.

Agreed. This was a rather poor move on Cryptics part, and I think that obtaining sets would be much more enjoyable if you obtained the parts in a variety of fashions. Missions, Reputation, Crafting, and the Doff system should be used in conjunction with each other rather than separating them.

This would make the game more enjoyable, make a lot of the content already present in game worthwhile without having to make new content.

Quote:
Personally? I rather like that. It prevents people from failing at 10 STFs and getting everything, and people like me who have done them so often we could do them in our sleep and never get anything. Everyone had an equal chance now.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg