Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay > PvP Boot Camp
Login

Captain
I ADDED DESCRIPTIONS TO THE VICE ADMIRAL POSITIONS. I ALSO FOLDED VA POSITIONS 3 AND 4 INTO ONE ANOTHER DUE TO AN OVERLAP OF RESPONSIBILITIES

Dear Coaches:

This meeting will take place on the Boot Camp TS Server and will touch on a number of topics. This list is not exhaustive. If you see something that needs to be brought up that you don't see, please just send me an email.

- Streamlining Boot Camp registration, communication, etc. This is currently at the very top of my priority list. Boot Camp, from the administrative angle, needs to be as nimble as possible.

- Processing and implementing feedback from the first event

- The creation of x3 official positions (titles tentative) within Boot Camp. The people who hold these positions will work closely with me and BranFlakes to ensure that Boot Camp remains a healthy and vibrant organization:

Vice Admiral Positions and Responsibilities

1) Vice Admiral of Communications and Administration
Registration oversight and attendance
News and info releases

2) Vice Admiral of Digital Media
Website and subforum management
Oversight of any/all media releases (eg, instructional videos)

3) Vice Admiral of Public Relations and Recruitment
Promoting Boot Camp through the STO website, in-game, etc.
Recruiting and evaluating new coaches. This task in particular will not be done alone. Sargon and others will be involved in this process.

All of these positions will be placed to a vote, and all coaches and assistant coaches will have a vote in this matter. If you want to be nominated for one of these positions--or if you want to nominate yourself--send me an email. We will probably do this vote through surveymonkey.com

- Dispensing information for the next event on Jan 26th.

- Does Boot Camp need its own chat channel to facilitate further coach-student interaction or does OPvP serve this purpose already?

I cannot tell you how proud I am to be part of such an incredible team. While we have many areas to improve on, the feedback has by and large been positive. Thanks for your efforts.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 12-31-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 2
12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I would like to nominate myself for public relations. I like to work with people and interact with others both in groups and one on one and I'm free most of the time unless I'm on duty.
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Career Officer
# 3
12-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd quite like to nominate myself for either #1 or #4, and yes a chat channel would be useful but i've found asking Coaches onto a TS is very quick and you can scramble at least 5 at pretty much any time. Happy to make a channel if you like?
Survivor of Remus
# 4
12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
About the channel one of the members in the class I coached made a Ingame Channel. I found this also tone a good idea to give some people some chances to ask more one on one questions at almost any time needed. My whole class ended up joining it which was very unexpected.
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Career Officer
# 5
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
About the channel one of the members in the class I coached made a Ingame Channel. I found this also tone a good idea to give some people some chances to ask more one on one questions at almost any time needed. My whole class ended up joining it which was very unexpected.
Been hanging out in the BootCamp TS today and a lot of people have logged into it, i'd PM asking if they needed anything and at least a dozen came on looking for assistance. I suggest anyone who does have TS up while ingame maybe log into the Bootcamp one at the same time as their existing one and keep an eye on it, it's pretty busy actually.
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Silly question:

If they increase the level cap, will the titles be changed to 'Fleet Admiral'?

Captain
# 7
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Silly question:

If they increase the level cap, will the titles be changed to 'Fleet Admiral'?
Actually, I was thinking, "Grand Moff" . . . jk=)

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Actually, I was thinking, "Grand Moff" . . . jk=)
Hehehe :p

More serious question:

If you wanna hold off on describing them, that's ok, but...would you mind being a bit more specific in what each would do? I can guess, but I'd rather have a straight out 'hey, this is what this person will do exactly'.

Sorry to be a pain in the rear, but I'm interested in possibly putting myself for a nomination, just only if I knew what I was going to have to expect, should I actually win such a vote.

Captain
# 9
12-31-2012, 01:46 AM
I would hope that my resume for PvP Boot Camp has been well received thus far, so would like to apply for the VA of Digital Media :0
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Dear Coaches:

This meeting will take place on the Boot Camp TS Server and will touch on a number of topics. This list is not exhaustive. If you see something that needs to be brought up that you don't see, please just send me an email.

- Streamlining Boot Camp registration, communication, etc. This is currently at the very top of my priority list. Boot Camp, from the administrative angle, needs to be as nimble as possible.

- Processing and implementing feedback from the first event

- The creation of x4 official positions (titles tentative) within Boot Camp. The people who hold these positions will work closely with me and BranFlakes to ensure that Boot Camp remains a healthy and vibrant organization:

1) Vice Admiral of Communications and Administration
2) Vice Admiral of Digital Media
3) Vice Admiral of Promotion and Recruitment
4) Vice Admiral of Public Relations

All of these positions will be placed to a vote, and all coaches and assistant coaches will have a vote in this matter. If you want to be nominated for one of these positions--or if you want to nominate yourself--send me an email. We will probably do this vote through surveymonkey.com

- Dispensing information for the next event on Jan 26th.

- Does Boot Camp need its own chat channel to facilitate further coach-student interaction or does OPvP serve this purpose already?

I cannot tell you how proud I am to be part of such an incredible team. While we have many areas to improve on, the feedback has by and large been positive. Thanks for your efforts.
Would you mind if I get that TS channel info as well?
I understand there may be some rules to abide by if I use it, so I'm content to just listen for the most part and chime in only if invited.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.