Lt. Commander
# 1 Adapted MACO Set?
01-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Hello....has anyone purchased/reviewed the "Adapted MACO" space set? Available on the Tier 5 Omega Rep system. I am having hard time finding much info on it other than the limited tool tip UI. I cant find any info on the set bonuses.

My initial take with the info I have...very expensive in Marks and Dil. The Adapted MACO Deflector has a very heavy science bias. The Engine gives some nice power boosts.

There didn't seem to be much info in the forums either.

Thx
Locutus
Captain
# 2
01-04-2013, 07:12 AM
pretty sure it is a normal maco set, like the fed maco. it is just adapted for the KDF...so they too can have this set. So if you have a fed toon it doesn't bring you anything, but if you have a kdf toon you basically have the option to get a MACO set.
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Actually. Adapted MACO is KHG and adapted KHG is MACO.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
The adapted maco has the exacted same stats as the original honor guard set.

The adapted honor guard has the same stats as the original maco set.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussboleyn View Post
The adapted maco has the exacted same stats as the original honor guard set.

The adapted honor guard has the same stats as the original maco set.
ok

I am not a KDF player, what are opinions of the original Honor Guard set and associated bonuses?

Thanks for the info

Locutus
Captain
# 6
01-04-2013, 07:38 AM
KHG space set has excellent coveriant shield (probably one of the best shield ingame in my opinion and the engine is just overpowerd
http://www.stowiki.org/Honor_Guard_%28Space%29

if you want a science torpedo bomber...2 pieces of that set are what you want (engines and shields) + borg deflector...boosts aux by 15.8 points, just like that. and your torp dmg by 25%

in my opinion best set ingame, if you use torpedos
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 01-04-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
KHG space set has excellent coveriant shield (probably one of the best shield ingame in my opinion and the engine is just overpowerd
http://www.stowiki.org/Honor_Guard_%28Space%29

if you want a science torpedo bomber...2 pieces of that set are what you want (engines and shields) + borg deflector...boosts aux by 15.8 points, just like that. and your torp dmg by 25%

in my opinion best set ingame, if you use torpedos
Interesting.... I am more of a typical DHC Tac toon...I do carry the Omega Torp, but the Aux power boost would be interesting.

but the Mark and Dil cost is just staggering .......

Thanks for the info

Locutus
Career Officer
# 8
01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Hello....has anyone purchased/reviewed the "Adapted MACO" space set? Available on the Tier 5 Omega Rep system. I am having hard time finding much info on it other than the limited tool tip UI. I cant find any info on the set bonuses.

My initial take with the info I have...very expensive in Marks and Dil. The Adapted MACO Deflector has a very heavy science bias. The Engine gives some nice power boosts.

There didn't seem to be much info in the forums either.

Thx
Locutus
On tribble go to ds9 the maco vendor you can test space / ground sets of maco, adapted maco, omega and romulan for no cost....happy testing
Career Officer
# 9
01-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I missed the warp field on the engine.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Captain
# 10
01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
The 2-piece set is nice if you're a torpedo boat (the KHG is, anyways).

I use the 2-piece set on my B'rel Retrofit to boost my torp damage.

On my fed, I run all cannons. The set itself holds little value for me. In fact, I don't even use a 2-piece set anymore. I used to run the MACO shields and deflector with the Omega engines.

Now I run Advanced Fleet engines, Elite Fleet Shields, and the MACO deflector.

For my ship, the only thing I would find useful for the KHG set is the shields for the placate ability. But, even then, I find it barely useful. I would not give up my Elite Fleet shields or the MACO shields for it.