Career Officer
# 1 Renown Repeatable?
01-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I did the colony chains way back when they first hit holodeck, but today actually is the first time i heard (from a fleety), that there is a renown repeatable. It aperently awards you a purple doff and can be repeated as many time as you did crit in the chain.
Now of course i'm pretty sceptical, since i never noticed this rare 15 mins long mission. Or just overlooked it. But the assignment text in the wiki for the non-repeatable mission still leaves me with doubts. ("Completing this assignment will open up a repeatable rare renown assignment within this star cluster.") [Also: rare in like blue, or just hard to find?]

Is this mission even still in the game and if so, how rare is it actually or was he just bull****ting me?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
The repeatable is Support Colonization Efforts. It's 4 hours, requires 5 doffs, is rare as in blue, and instead of just being a free reward like the renown, you need to get a critical success (normal success will give refugees).

It can be repeated infinitely, limited by a cooldown, but any crits give the same doff every time. The doffcalls and doffjobs channels usually call them when they're up.
Career Officer
# 3
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah, i already know that. He claims to have done some wonderous mission where he got random very rare doffs. Well, whatever. I don't know what magical mission he might have done and i'll probably never know.
Captain
# 4
01-08-2013, 02:04 AM
The "wonderous mission" IS the support mission. You can get purples from it on a crit. Even if you don't crit, you'll get refugees which can be transferred for better DOffs using the exchange program missions.

Last edited by dma1986; 01-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Must not be a colonial mission if its a purple random doff. The colonial missions give a specific doff. Each exploration sector has their reward as being a specific job type and race. So doing Delta Volanis will give a Deferi Doctor. I think even the traits might be the same. The blue doff is male while the purple doff is female. There are other assignments that can give very rare doffs like exchange program, asylum, prisoner exchange, and acquiring doffs from other faction.
Captain
# 6
01-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Renown gives a blue Doff, Support Colonization gives out a purple Doff on a crit.

If he's talking purples, it's the Support assignment.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
If it's a random, it's not support. Could be assylums, prisoner exchange, instigate defection, or cultural exchange. None of them give guaranteed purples, but the first three guarantee green or better, and instigate defection in particular has a pretty good chance to give a purple.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-08-2013, 12:32 PM
There's also the one-time Investigate Temporal Anomaly (which will always reward the purple Rulian Mazan bartender regardless of outcome) and turning over Gamma Quadrant prisoners from the Facility 4028 chain and repeatable, and a few others scattered around.

As a point of interest, if you somehow get "lucky" and crit the Renown mission, you get the purple and never have another chance at the blue Doff.

Also, even on a crit of the Support mission, you still get a refugee in addition to the purple Doff specific to that mission.

Quote:
the first three guarantee green or better
They aren't guaranteed greens, I've seen all 3 of them fail.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 01-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.