Lt. Commander
# 1 Two Doff system ideas
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
I had an idea for tier V rewards. Diplomacy would be another transwarp but the other 10 could be 1 extra assignment slot per commendation. With the slots being a tier V reward and nobody knowing what the required CXP for tier V and above. The levels could be adjusted so we earn the higher tier at the same rate but just have extra slots.

My second idea would be to make all space assignment seen and doable from one location. Also remove assignment form around planets and only have a planets ground map have assignments (and starbases). I know this would make doffing in space much easier but if the distances form you to the assignment could be calculated and extra EC and time cost could be added(without raising rewards). An example would be if an assignment is 50 light years away and the cost is 3 minutes travel time per light year and 10 EC per light year the total cost would be 150 minutes and 500 EC to start the assignment. When the assignment is complete the travel cost would be calculated with you new location. Whatever the cost is it should be more than traveling there in person.

These are just ideas I had that I think would be cool to have what does everyone else think?

Also the Doff system is AWESOME!!!!!!! It is the perfect kind of gameplay for my sonís short naps.
Lieutenant
# 2
01-05-2013, 11:32 PM
If I was to put that in short.

I would say your suggesting a Starship and a Captain suddenly having a long list of assignments available just because they flew into another sector is not the way to do it. I would agree if that is what your saying.

However they need to do something in each sector.

In Star Trek random things happen, in space it would, especially hostile space. So many all these assignments need to move to the Chiefs only who are getting assignment details for assignments anywhere in the galaxy just like you say.

When moving into a sector, make the assignments combat related. Send a shuttle to investigate a dead Borg cube floating at that strange angle lol

How about assignments specific to what your flying also i.e. if you in the Ody and you have the aux craft you see assignments requiring you to send your aux craft. Not saying it actually leaves your ship or it could in sector space but while your in a mission it is there?

Flying into a sector and having diplomacy to do then dispatching about 30 members of crew is not Star Trek so if this could be reviewed I would be happy.
Community Moderator
# 3 Closing Necro Thread
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)!

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread