A quick note to past spotlight authors whose missions did not go up today: I have received many of your submissions and should have them up next week with a similar news post. I'm running through all past spotlight missions post submission to ensure they can be completed and are good to go. Thanks for your patience!
If you are a past spotlight author who has not submitted your mission yet, please do so as soon as you can
Great to see the attention to the spotlight missions increasing, and looking forward to seeing who's next.
I did want to warn anyone who might want to play "Checks and Balances" that the first space map is broken (filed a bug report, #1,451,419). The player is supposed to be able to interact with a planet, but the interaction never fires (though it used to). It actually doesn't prevent moving on in the mission, but it does mean losing some vital info.
I could probably get in and fix it, but I'm assuming that we can't edit missions ourselves.
So, if anyone is having trouble, here's what to do:
To get out of the Lae'nas System, head to the smaller moon, the one on the right when you enter the system. You'll be prompted to beam down and continue the mission, which should work just fine from then on.
Here's the info you miss (in black text to try and avoid spoilers):
1) The Deferi ships were all attacked by a ship using phasers and quantum torpedoes.
2) That ship was the Eldridge, which is missing.
3) The archive on Lae'nas was attacked and is in ruins. All the Deferi there are dead. The Preservers are gone.
4) Prof. Olpar reveals that there is actually a second archive on the smaller moon. This was were the bulk of the Preservers were in stasis because it was more geologically stable than the planet.
5) You decide to check out the second archive.
Last edited by fu11ofstars; 01-06-2013 at 03:52 PM.