Lt. Commander
# 1 Constant Lag
07-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Ever since last midnight (the midnight between July 20 and 21) there has been a severe server lag affecting both me and all of my friends. It all began before the maintenance, around roughly 5 or 6 hours before the servers went offline for the maintenance. Its intensity varies, sometimes being very subtle with just small lag loops here and there that are tolerable to very intense spikes resulting in a lack of server response for 40 seconds thus making the game unplayable. I ran diagnostics on my network connections and cooperated with my ISP as well, our findings showed no errors on our end. The technician from my ISP stated there are three likely possibilities. The server itself has been lagged, the network through which the server operates has too much traffic, or one of the many hops between myself and the STO server is faulty/lagged. Since all of such is outside of my control to fix I thought I would post this information here. Both myself and my friends do think it is a faulty hop between us and STO as some people we met have the same issue while others do not, though the timeframe is the same when it started to occur. If anyone knows anyway to resolve this or to bypass the bad hop between us and STO, please share with me your information.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I also am experiencing bad lag issues. Infact, at the moment, I am unable to log onto the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgulon
I also am experiencing bad lag issues. Infact, at the moment, I am unable to log onto the game.
I can log in but the map never fully loads and im in limbo after about 3 to 4 minutes I get disconnected. So as of right now the Game is not playable for me. I Know it not my connection as I can connect and play other MMO'S with no lag or Issues.
Ensign
# 4 My constant lag
07-28-2014, 11:32 PM
IT has destroyed all the fun of the game, since i cant even freaking move a couple of centimeters without lag, and it wasnt like that before, for me the game is now BROKEN and i have decided to take my money to another MMO, CRYPTIC, What have you done...
Closed Thread