Lieutenant
# 451
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdescaa View Post
while patching the amount downloaded " Patched " and the reciebed Kbs . dont remain. if you close the launcher, or server restart u are .. as if never started.

there is a way to patch to an temporal file... save it , safe, and this allow you to re -start ... at the point you left.patching previously
please fix it .

02:13 PM Launcher have restarted alone .. and loading pop up.. on center launcher screen dont let me login and restart patch.
I have quit, restart and bam now Launcher remeber where it leaves.
On EU Spain... 4 hours now till i start to patch. were the time when servers were offline and left one hour to anouced 19:00 UTC
well this is free to play not a Beta, ppl spend Euros here.... come on..
...>and now there will be an accolade for be the first to patch!!
2:15 PM. hey i am entering ... i tell you
02:20 PM.I cant log in for unknow problem press support Bah

02:32 PM. i foundt that i have on download forder..... not on game folder: Localdata CrypticError.exe dbghelp.dll ERRORS.log pcl.log

aside with laucher posted here on top,Star Trek Online.exe and St 25.2012102a.8_EN.exe

why? why? why? couse i click the startreck online.exe i download from here from Download folder. ( bam)

it have to be placed... on... your game folder...C:\...........\Startreckonline\Cryptic Studios .( shigh )

the top of forum is getting .... very annoying..we are we are we are.... look at you just write this down when ppl is really tired of patch.
Test server... and .. the great nite of new patch, my first patch.. as newbie and first month payed... and loock at me here all nite writing .. and i want to just fly.

02:59 PM. CRYPTIC the game cant retrieve list of character..and log off. ( i am hopping a new header we are investigating where list char goes)

03:10 PM. on launcher it say Sever Status (green) is anyone playing? how? please answer... have to selecto some on launcher options?

3:16 PM i give up.. this is shame. i dont go to buy any pack . Good nite.

3:48 PM. reading on support forum about.. pando media and so...PMB.exe i closed it from the Taskmanager, and closed Avast and I see my characters but cant play....

Last edited by valdescaa; 05-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Ensign
# 452
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
This is getting ridiculous, this plus NWO taking us down already before..
Unknown reason for login failure?
wrong date on the launcher for downtime?

extensive issues, lag has been an issue for while now.
I really suspect you fired someone you shouldn't have,
and have no idea how much bandwidth to allocate,
and are too cheap to buy more.

I usually don't post, I prefer the silent majority.
To join in with the current choir, I was seriously considering legacy.
Not now.

I like perfect world, I like cryptic, I love star trek online and champions.
fix this, your losing revenue.

This is star trek premier, Trekkie Superbowl.
Fubar'd.
Ensign
# 453
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Seeing as I can't yet post a thread of my own, I guess this would be the next best thread to post in with my issue.

I cannot play the game anymore, due to my PC crashing (read: entire PC, blue screen and all) when I try to patch my launcher. My current version is the May 13th update, and whenever I attempt to patch, it gets a few seconds in before killing everything and restarting. This has been going on for several days now and I can not figure out the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried using the link the OP provided, manually restarting my PC, the works. Nothing changes.

What is the problem exactly, and how can it be fixed?
Ensign
# 454
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
I keep getting an error where I get a message saying "login failed for an unknown reason" when it tries to retrieve my character list.

I actually got through on my main character once but it timed out on the loading screen.

I downloaded the patch without any problems and already have the latest launcher.
Ensign
Like it says, can't retrieve my list of characters. And I'm getting the 'login failed for unknown reason' message. Is there a fix?
Lieutenant
# 456
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloserenus View Post
Thanks for this!
The manual update fixed my authentication issue.
I'm definately bookmarking this thread.
How you manually update?
Ensign
# 457
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdescaa View Post
02:13 PM Launcher have restarted alone .. and loading pop up.. on center launcher screen dont let me login and restart patch.
I have quit, restart and bam now Launcher remeber where it leaves.
On EU Spain... 4 hours now till i start to patch. were the time when servers were offline and left one hour to anouced 19:00 UTC
well this is free to play not a Beta, ppl spend Euros here.... come on..
...>and now there will be an accolade for be the first to patch!!
2:15 PM. hey i am entering ... i tell you
02:20 PM.I cant log in for unknow problem press support Bah

02:32 PM. i foundt that i have on download forder..... not on game folder: Localdata CrypticError.exe dbghelp.dll ERRORS.log pcl.log

aside with laucher posted here on top,Star Trek Online.exe and St 25.2012102a.8_EN.exe

why? why? why? couse i click the startreck online.exe i download from here from Download folder. ( bam)

it have to be placed... on... your game folder...C:\...........\Startreckonline\Cryptic Studios .( shigh )

the top of forum is getting .... very annoying..we are we are we are.... look at you just write this down when ppl is really tired of patch.
Test server... and .. the great nite of new patch, my first patch.. as newbie and first month payed... and loock at me here all nite writing .. and i want to just fly.

02:59 PM. CRYPTIC the game cant retrieve list of character..and log off. ( i am hopping a new header we are investigating where list char goes)

03:10 PM. on launcher it say Sever Status (green) is anyone playing? how? please answer... have to selecto some on launcher options?

3:16 PM i give up.. this is shame. i dont go to buy any pack . Good nite.

I'm having similar problems. Just patched the game. And now it goes to login and retrieve characters and gives me the "Cannot retrieve characters due to an unknown error." Or then I get "Connection timed out," when trying to retrieve character list. -- I checked Neverwinter Online and I can login there just fine and get my characters, so I know it's not my internet connection.

Would love to play a Romulan, but can't play if the game won't work. Already have highest level Federation Character and a Klingon Empire guy. I can't even get to them to play.
Lieutenant
Hello, more notes to resolve
+ today i can log in,
+ I can navigate to create new chars klingon or romulan.. nice i can be ther hours i like to adjust all advanced slider... its creative compulsion
+ i can create one alien romulos and did 2 mission..
_ i logout and change char, and ploff login screen ....nothing good hapens.

In another try 2 hor later when i try to PLAY i cant log it say you are 4 of 10345
and when suposed to screen previos to enter my game char selected,... nothing happen. just a SERVER NOT RESPONDING in bright red on the screen...
i tried to see how log this remain... 2 hour..

the maximize , minimize only control i can click on this screen, not reponding.

Last edited by valdescaa; 05-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Lieutenant
# 459 The game launcher itself!
05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Hello, hello...

My problem is worse than most, I suspect: my game launcher won't patch. Yes, you read it right! It won't patch the LoR! Why? I don't know. Or, ever since the latest SHARD, this... launcher won't budge an inch!!! Not to mention to login, but fail to retrieve characters and "energize" them. So, no Holodeck, no Tribble... What now? I mean, I just re-installed the damn thing / launcher some 4 - 5 days ago!

For more info: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...or22052013.jpg

N.B. I have my game on the G: drive, under Win 7 Enterprise. Now, the game is divided into two (very) large sub-folders. And I just downloaded the Fools Day STO launcher, "pasted" it onto the "old" one from the CrypticStudios folder, and... got the same error.

Thanks.

Last edited by thetraveler82; 05-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Lieutenant
# 460 I knew it!
05-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Ha, ha! I was more than certain that, once getting started with another SHARD aka "Emergency maintenance" , this launcher would start patching! Now, it remains to be seen if, once fully patched, the launcher logs in correctly or not. And IF I am to get the character list or not!

It remains to be seen...