Republic Veteran
# 461
05-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stnate View Post
Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes
Auto updated my behind... Was having issues with the auto update crashing my launcher, so downloaded the launcher from here thinking that might fix it. *Gasp* It instantly "auto updated" the launcher exe and went right back to the faulty, crashing launcher.
Ensign
# 462
05-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Launcher won't connect to patch server. It just hangs there and the Engage button never shows up.
So I downloaded the link here. Thrice in different intervals today
Not sure if the link is being updated at all. Now its even worse since the launcher won't even load the splash screen. Just attempts twice and gives a patcher error. Old problem that up till now is still around.
I used the gameclient.exe in the files. Sure, it starts the game but it can't connect to the Account Server at all.

Last edited by lunamariacelest; 05-24-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Ensign
# 463
05-26-2013, 11:40 AM
this is ridiculous cant even get the launcher to work have tried restarts new launcher manual patching and nothing works
Ensign
# 464
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
according to this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=702601

they downloaded a fresh launcher from the website itself and so far its working.
Currently mine is working and its downloading a 3 GB patch but its quite slow. 5 hours and counting I'm still at 56%.
I usually get that done in an hour in the past. Could be because alot are prolly downloading the same thing plus the fact that others are also saying their patching is also slow
Ensign
# 465
05-27-2013, 04:39 AM
i think i can speak for everyone when i say we want to play but are being let down by teh launcher
Ensign
# 466
05-27-2013, 09:23 AM
update. The launcher work so far since my recent post, even got to play a good two hours afterwards. Unfortunately i was suddenly plagued by lags and "server not responding" messages all over till i just quit the game. Now the launcher is back to its old habits. It launches, attempts to patch but never does. ugh..
its not just launcher errors that plague us.. its also their choosy connections and prolly overloaded servers. This only started happening since LOR release
Career Officer
# 467
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
My launcher is also broken.

I've tried downloading the one linked in the OP but it behaves in the same way.

Everything works as normal until it checks for game version. Then it gets stuck on Patching and the engage button never shows up.

Worked fine up until yesterday.

Have also tried to circumvent the launcher and start the game from the GameClient.exe and the game starts and tries to connect to the account server... but doesn't go further then that.

Last edited by mattachine; 05-27-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 468
05-27-2013, 10:59 PM
My problem is similar, however the engage button pops up. When I press engage everything disappears and nothing happens. I've gone threw a few of these threads and tried the solutions but nothing is happening.

I haven't played in 4-6 months and after hearing about the new expansion I wanted to try it out again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ensign
# 469
05-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Same problems here. Launcher insta-crashes on start-up. If I fire up the game executable itself it starts but log-in times out every time.

This only started happening today and it is also happening for Champions Online (exactly the same problems) yet Neverwinter is working fine.

I'm guessing this has something to do with their server problems lately. I think their solution to the lag and connectivity issues has caused this (at least for STO and CO). Guess I'll just wait it out.
Ensign
# 470
05-29-2013, 09:14 AM
for about 4 days the game is laggy as hell and today does not connect at all, who can we thank for this wonderful new failure?!?