Ensign
# 511 God Damn it
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Thing won't connect to network. Might be because I have windows XP.
Ensign
I too am having issues with the launcher .. I notice three aspects about it. Tabbing in active windows does not work, my saved username is not present in the username field, and the enter key does not post. I had this issue about 2 weeks ago and uninstalled, restarted, removed all residual files and registry keys, restarted and reinstalled the game and that worked for about a week. I am back to having the issue again and tried all the same things apart from being forced to installed the ARC garbage and did not fix it this time.
Ensign
# 513
07-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm having a similar issue. Every time I try to open the launcher, it crashes and I get the typical windows message of "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working."

I've allowed it access through my firewall, so that's not an issue as a previous poster suggested.
Ensign
# 514 Update fixed
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Finally got my STO to update. It worked great till I switched from public Wi-Fi to my home internet. I had to combine 2 fixes to get mine working.

1. AVG, added Star Trek Online.exe to the excemptions

2. Load patcher, once it just hung out on my tool bar doing nothing, loaded up task manger, minimize sto, then maximize. And now its back. But for how long is anyones guess.

Seems to me a game that is rated top MMORPG of 2012 wouldnt be so flaky to load up. Ive played PWI since right after the Beta and have had no problems with it.
Ensign
# 515
07-31-2013, 07:10 AM
newest launcher file for the "file locked" folks:

https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

uploaded: 7/31/13
Ensign
# 516 Launcher keeps crashing
08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I keep trying to use the launcher, it opens, then stops working. I have been using my Neverwinter launcher to log into STO. Anybody have any clue how to get the STO launcher to start working again? Every time I've asked support, I get the same canned response and it does not help get it working, and frankly it doesn't help my mood much either.
Ensign
# 517 Nevermind
08-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Nevermind. That last link actually did it.
Ensign
# 518
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
And now it won't patch. Good god my luck is crappy.
Career Officer
# 519 launcher problem
08-02-2013, 03:14 AM
hy guys!

me too have a little problem with the launcher. I saw the tray icon but i cant see the launcher windows itself!!! So in short i cant log in either. i saw that the launcher is updating but cant see the windows and i cant do anything to be able to make it visible.

I already restart my computer then delete the game then reinstall via ARC but still cant visible that damn launcher windows.

Its strange because it was fine yesterday. But today not.
Can somebody know how to fix or has the same issue?

Either my pc has something problem (that not so possible bec i cant modify it yesterday or today) or the last patch do something with the launcher.
Career Officer
# 520
08-02-2013, 03:25 AM
seems like 'necodem' methood is working for my problem... at least now.

I really dont know what was that about???