Ensign
# 551
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I can't the launcher to start STO either.

I'm on version ST.35.20131029a.26 but it just sits there at the greyish patch button, not the blue one.

Tried updating the patch client and I got:-

"the patchclient got a message while in a state with no response function" and it bombs out.

Pretty sh!te really. The launcher seems to struggle with the most basic of tasks. I remember once I just used to type in "run" or double-clicked an icon and a game simply started...
Ensign
# 552
11-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reveever View Post
To those with launcher issues: I have a persistent issue where my launcher file gets locked whenever the launcher is updated. There are a few others with a similar issue, so I use a virtual machine to download the new launcher file and manually overwrite. For the benefit of the others I provide the file for download. If you're having launcher issues, you're welcome to try it. Just be sure to scan it using your virus software or VirusTotal. Here's the link: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

TL;DR - You can download an updated launcher file from the link.
Whether I download from your link, or the link from the first post, I still get the "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient."

Didn't I just DOWNLOAD the updated launcher?! Wtf?

Regardless... nothing works. Why is this game always so buggy?

Can we buy a "Game will f-ing load" Lockbox? Would that get PE to fix this crap?
Ensign
# 553 Yeah it just happened to me
11-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Arc started bugging on me and completely stop working so i uninstalled and re installed after noticing the arc repair to absolutely nothing. when i re installed it the game didn't work now. so now i uninstall both this time. When i re installed arc for the second time they game wont download. Now, i have good internet and a relatively good computer this should not be happening on my end.
Ensign
okay i think i found the solution to my problem at least. If you have two hard drive like i do than things can get a bit confusing. What i recommend doing is move that file with arc (perfectworld) to the hard drive you want. Than make sure u delete the download apps for arc. Than you should be able to use it, and download the game u want Startrek in our case. I dont know if this will solve the problem permanently but it worked for me atleast.
Captain
# 555
12-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Can we update the link in this thread? I just tried downloading from it and still get the "Attempting to update the launcher" box which then proceeds to tell me it's failed to get a response from the server, I can't patch my launcher due to connection issues that I can't fix myself
Career Officer
# 556
12-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Can we update the link in this thread? I just tried downloading from it and still get the "Attempting to update the launcher" box which then proceeds to tell me it's failed to get a response from the server, I can't patch my launcher due to connection issues that I can't fix myself
If your ISP, or the Internet backbone providers are causing the connection issues, updating the link won't change anything...

Try using the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

... and post the results, so we can see what is causing the connection issue.
Captain
# 557
12-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
If your ISP, or the Internet backbone providers are causing the connection issues, updating the link won't change anything...

Try using the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

... and post the results, so we can see what is causing the connection issue.
I know it's not my ISP at fault, someone posted a set of results in one of the threads with 100% packet loss at Cogent, I have the exact same packet loss at the exact same IP address.
Ensign
# 558 it worked
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
i ran game in winxp service pack 3 compatible mode.... it loaded normally
Ensign
# 559
12-17-2013, 09:41 AM
...after that its laggy as hell... just exit... unset comp mode ... and restart it

btw it helps with crash on load stuck toons too...

dont ask me why ... ask some technicians XD

Last edited by deedeetee; 12-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Lieutenant
# 560 same here
12-17-2013, 05:53 PM
launcher auto update earlier today, i left the game, tried to log back in and all i get is launcher tried to update 1 time please wait, my internet works fine.
just another cryptic garbage update
Oh new message on attempt 56, new message is " cant connect to account server(3)"

Last edited by mikedigger; 12-17-2013 at 06:00 PM.