Captain
# 561
12-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedigger View Post
launcher auto update earlier today, i left the game, tried to log back in and all i get is launcher tried to update 1 time please wait, my internet works fine.
just another cryptic garbage update
Oh new message on attempt 56, new message is " cant connect to account server(3)"
It's not Cryptic's fault, if you can get a connection that doesn't use "te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]" to reach Cryptic it work perfectly every time without fail. For me it merely involves riding from one side of the city to the other to avoid the issue.

It's annoying but avoidable.
Ensign
# 562
12-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Hey, dont know if it is good place for such issue but can you guide me where is direct download link which can be used to download via my NAS. I can download http or torrent during the night not to limiting my speed during day.
Ensign
# 563
01-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Hello, I am new here,

I recently downloaded the game from Arc.

I too am getting the Cryptic AutoUpdate Launcher problem again and again. I tried downloading the latest version of the launcher from the link, but it didn't help.
Ensign
# 564
01-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Well, ARC can just go and silently die in my opinion!

I'm launching the game now via the icon in the install folder instead....who needs ARC anyway?!
Ensign
# 565
01-26-2014, 10:37 AM
this problem is also happening on neverwinter so its not just sto and i know it iant me coz champions works, io build my own pcs optimise the OS and BIOS in 12 differant ways WITHOUT overclocking AND i know a fair bit about troubleshooting game problems after 12 years of experience
Ensign
# 566
01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
If your ISP, or the Internet backbone providers are causing the connection issues, updating the link won't change anything...

Try using the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

... and post the results, so we can see what is causing the connection issue.
umm considering how widespread this is and the fact this is on MULTIPLE GAMES i think its safe to say its YOUR END not ours especially since i have already troubleshooted all possible issues for my end, including a resource dump and reinitialisation of both the game assets and my router stop trying to blame us and get off your sacks and fix your tech
Ensign
# 567
01-26-2014, 12:18 PM
alright i have a fix but it may or may not be possible for you guys, i ended up hacking my own launcher and forced the program to pull up the last game session so i can kill the process.

i checked my error message and noticed the launcher was still reading me as logged in despite the fact that this was happening form first launch of the day, it must have been broken since i logged off last night.

not sure if anyone will be able to do what i did but if your lucky your task manager may still have the session tracked if you see it kill it and if its a login varification problem like mine was that will free you up, this is like the millionth time this has happened, PWE you REALLY need to fix you *censored" launcher im tired of having to hack my own computer

oh fyi i also rolled my launcher back to free up e4verythign else just in case so if you do what i did be prepared to repatch

Last edited by rickylester; 01-27-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Ensign
# 568
01-31-2014, 06:09 PM
the patchclient got a message while in a no response function
after just installing the game for the 1st time and THEN downloading the latest launcher
I mean how hard can it be to make something that can actually work
Ensign
# 569
02-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I cannot get past the loading screen either. The game client becomes unresponsive and needs to be shut down via task manager.
Space, the final frontier
Captain
# 570
02-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Yip this is happening to me too. Busy installing the game again.... sigh. I don't think its going to help, and now I'm 13 gigs wasted