Commander
# 601
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyman View Post
Hi

Been playing the game since release but new to the forums. Lately I have been getting the message "The launcher was unable to write to directory D:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live If problems persist, pelase contact Technical Support."

The launcher doess a 26Mb update then displays this and i dont get any further. I have tried the launcher in the posts above. Tried running in admin mode and in windows 7 compatability mode.

For more info i am running windows 8.1 and have had no problems with the game until this week.
I have also uninstalled and re-installed on steam several times. And ive also just tried to install via arc and that made no difference either.

Regards

Ste

Neverwinter? this isn't right.

Did you use the launcher linked in OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Traits aren't really power creep - they're lateral power movement
Ensign
# 602
06-27-2014, 05:36 PM
yeah used the launcher in the post and still get the message. I dunno what is going on lol
Career Officer
# 603
06-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeeinn1t View Post
Neverwinter? this isn't right.

Did you use the launcher linked in OP?
Quote:
yeah used the launcher in the post and still get the message. I dunno what is going on lol
Sounds like the wrong game is being selected. Try going into the Launcher Option Menu, and but a check in the box for 'Show all games', save and exit, then reboot the Launcher...
Ensign
# 604
06-28-2014, 02:03 AM
i dont get into the launcher this message pops up before it loads and the launcher doesnt load.
Career Officer
# 605
06-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Quote:
i dont get into the launcher this message pops up before it loads and the launcher doesnt load.
Sounds like the Windows Registry settings for STO has been corrupted. this calls for more drastic measures. what you should do is...
  • Copy the STO directory to a safe location.
  • Un-install STO
  • Start the STO installation process to write the registry entries for the game.
  • When the file download starts, stop the installation, and copy the STO directory back to the installation location.
  • Running the Launcher for the first time, you should set the 'Verify file' option, exit, then rerun the launcher.
Ensign
# 606
06-28-2014, 09:30 AM
ok will give that a try and let you know how i get on
Ensign
# 607
06-28-2014, 09:46 AM
ok tried this and no luck. Do you know exactly what files in the registry STO places and if i can just delete them so they get re-written on a fresh install?
Ensign
# 608
06-28-2014, 09:48 AM
ok fixed it, i installed neverwinter and now its all working.
Ensign
# 609
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stnate View Post
After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

-----

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes
THANKS SO MUCH.. For This launcher. Omg I hate ARC IT BOGS DOWN MY SYSTEM AND I I LAG REALLY BAD. Again Thank you So Much For This & Thank you For Making My Day Ur the Best
Ensign
# 610 Error 36
07-17-2014, 03:44 AM
Hey guys!

I've been having a problem with the STO patcher for the last few days. When it goes to patch, it tries to mirror a .dll file and is never successful (i get the error message, "Error 36: a file was locked that could not be open for writing".) The times that it is successful seem like flukes. I have already tried letting STO through my firewall, reinstalling the game, deleting the .dll file, and restarting and running as admin. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.