Rihannsu
# 1 Loading screens
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
so im plagued by loading screens going between sectors, stations etc. im actually typing this as I sit waiting for the sector i just warped into to load. its taking several minutes for most zones. some times I see a "server not responding" but not always.

in the upper left I see its patching files at a whopping 12-50kb/ps rate. Im curious is this a server issue, or a hard drive issue? because i can move the game onto my SSD but im convinced its a server issue.
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
it could also be an issue with your ISP. not all issues are on cryptics end, sometime its between the two along the route your connection takes to the servers. If this is the problem connecting to one of the proxy servers first.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoopapa View Post
so im plagued by loading screens going between sectors, stations etc. im actually typing this as I sit waiting for the sector i just warped into to load. its taking several minutes for most zones. some times I see a "server not responding" but not always.

in the upper left I see its patching files at a whopping 12-50kb/ps rate. Im curious is this a server issue, or a hard drive issue? because i can move the game onto my SSD but im convinced its a server issue.
I used to have the same problem, waiting for a dang patch every new zone/instance I visited, even wrote a ticket at some point.

What you can try is when you start the game launcher, select Options from top menu and then Disable on-demand patching, login.

It should then patch all those annoying patches that occurs while playing.

Please correct me someone if I'm wrong.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
I used to have the same problem, waiting for a dang patch every new zone/instance I visited, even wrote a ticket at some point.

What you can try is when you start the game launcher, select Options from top menu and then Disable on-demand patching, login.

It should then patch all those annoying patches that occurs while playing.

Please correct me someone if I'm wrong.
thats correct. I do this so i dont have to wrroy about the really long loadtimes...but it doesnt help with my current gfx card -.- an AMD Radeon HD 6450...gameplay fps is far worse than it was with my nvidia geforce 520 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Rihannsu
# 5
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
thanks, I'll give that a shot. it does seem to be related to loading patches when transitioning
Career Officer
# 6
01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
When it does it to me (and it's almost always an interruption/slow down somewhere along the netz for me), I minimize the STO window, come here and read stuff for a bit, then go back to the game.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 7
01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoopapa View Post
thanks, I'll give that a shot. it does seem to be related to loading patches when transitioning
It is....

On-Demand patching... It stinks.

Disable it before you loose too much of your life.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 8
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
..it's funny.. the 'Official' word is NOT to Disable ODP...

But most of us around here know better, in this particular case.

<shrug>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.