Captain
# 11
01-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
... If they reverted back to season 6 ...
I have three letters that express my distaste with what I quoted from your statement.

IGE.

Also, I have noticed something. Everything that they gave us with S7, you have just bashed outright. What's your problem? We get a free ship that's actually quite powerful and performs well, and all you have to say is that it's trash. You refuse to even acknowledge any of it's strengths, only going after it's weaknesses. They give us a guaranteed way of getting STF items (albeit a little more costly), and all you do is attack it. Major issues here.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 12
01-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I think season 7 was pretty fun even though Im finished now. Tier 5 on both and I have purchased everything from both store's. I find it was over too fast. now I have nothing to do. The Romulan and Reman sets are excatly the same, no need to buy both. But on the orginal posters topic, I agree. I leveled up 2 other toons to 50 without doing one story mission. There was no need. Doffing and sector patrols and red alerts and I was there in a week. No incentive to replay the missions.
Captain
# 13
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
No incentive to replay?!

You can get the latest lock box as a reward! The latest one! What is that compared to some trifle like fleet credit or dilithium? The joy of buying a key is reward in itself.
# 14
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Personally I'm a proponent of giving dil for episode runs. Though: it would have to be ones selected by Cryptic or randomly picked, to prevent people just running the really simple ones over and over.

It would also be cool if they gave fleet marks if you run the missions with a team composed of fleet members.
Dilithium and Marks would be nice.

100 Dilithium and 10 Marks for the associated faction.

This would really only currently work for the Borg and Romulan/Reman missions right now though.
Career Officer
# 15
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I almost think they should throw us a bone, and at the end of assimilation give us a small-ish lower tier 5 borg or undine ship (randomly, or tie it into the rep store. Something like a probe. A generic borg or undine ship that would be better for the role player types.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Rihannsu
# 16
01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Everything that they gave us with S7, you have just bashed outright. What's your problem?
He is trolling, check out his posts ... in one he says out of 6 lv50 characters he have one at T1 Omega and Romulan Reputation and the exact same day he says he have the Borg Mk XII Set.
Captain
# 17
01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
I came to STO from Star Wars the old republic and im considering going back over there now that they are F2P. I enjoy story and combat and it seems that the story episodes here are on the boring side, they are not adding anything new and they are taking rewards away and placing them into this reputation system that already sucks as it is..

If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks
Obvious troll is Obvious.

As bad as the reputation system is, it's heluva lot better than the old ways.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 18
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Undine featured episodes with an anti-psychic ground set? Sounds like it's time to wrap up the Undine arc once and for all (either make them friends or tell them to f-off to make way for the Iconians).
----------------------
Drink one shot for ever time someone complains about realism in Star Trek.
Drink two shots if they don't know what "fiction" is.

Survivor of Romulus
# 19
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
A good story is its own reward and the rewards are just the icing on the cake.
I totally agree.
Captain
# 20
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1z9 View Post
Now that the Assimilated Module has been removed from the mission rewards, I no longer see the need to play through any of the storyline missions once I hit level 50.

I would like at least some incentive to play the final missions, other than regular old items I could just get off the exchange. What I would really like to see is the mk XI Borg set added to the mission rewards for the Undine Series. Either that or some new unique items that can only be obtained from those missions. Even a liberated Borg boff would be better than nothing (yes, I know you can get one through the STF achievement but I would rather get it this way so the final missions at least have some unique reward).

Even a little dilithium would give me a reason to play the final missions. As it stands now, the end missions are just a waste of time. Why bother with them now?
The AM is still a reward for the first undine mission on rerun. Got it with my kingon toon that way. Haven't tested, but probably 1 time only.
Closed Thread