Lt. Commander
# 21
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
That's because they constantly overlook the Klingon faction, only this time it happened to be in a good way. It is no longer available as a mission reward for new Federation toons.
Captain
# 22
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1z9 View Post
That's because they constantly overlook the Klingon faction, only this time it happened to be in a good way. It is no longer available as a mission reward for new Federation toons.
So what? You can still get it. If your complaint is that it's not free now, then Q.Q go cry in a corner.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Republic Veteran
# 23
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
I came to STO from Star Wars the old republic and im considering going back over there now that they are F2P. I enjoy story and combat and it seems that the story episodes here are on the boring side, they are not adding anything new and they are taking rewards away and placing them into this reputation system that already sucks as it is..

If they reverted back to season 6 I may consider staying, but as long as this reputation system lives , im done.. I dont need any more time/resource gates...thanks
First off its reward, the only thing they took away is the Assimilated Console. People go on about how this rep system sucks or they dislike it ect...well guess what? All MMOs are like that, and this system is better than the old one...at least you know your gonna get something...not that hope and pray and 100 STFs later and still no item.
Rihannsu
# 24
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Honestly.... I lost the tiny incentive I had to play story missions when Doffs and the "Skip" button were added. most of the time I play a mission for the rewards only.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 25
01-08-2013, 03:52 AM
Perhaps using some form of incentive to actually acquire the best loot in the game.

A reputation system is great for your Average player. The elite players, however should be able to obtain items of great value/stats.

I really don't see why this game doesn't have instances whereas you can obtain gear through a "dungeon" type scenario with lot from 3-4 bosses throughout the instance, the reputation system is great for casual players, but doesn't really achieve a sense of accomplishment!
Captain
# 26
01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Actually story missons are vital for building up sufficient XP to use for Omega/ Romulan reputation. On several toons all i did was do was SB24 and Mirror invasions. and now i've been left with toons without enough xp for the rep system. You may not like stories but they are now vital to gain xp for later usage.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Rihannsu
# 27
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Actually story missons are vital for building up sufficient XP to use for Omega/ Romulan reputation. On several toons all i did was do was SB24 and Mirror invasions. and now i've been left with toons without enough xp for the rep system. You may not like stories but they are now vital to gain xp for later usage.
Really? I get a constant flood of it from doff missions. Some of my chars have over 3 million expertise waiting to be used..
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 28
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I didn't play through most of the single player missions pre-Season 7 anyways.

I just skipped all of the missions I could, so I could get the stuff I want at any time.
Captain
# 29
01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Really? I get a constant flood of it from doff missions. Some of my chars have over 3 million expertise waiting to be used..
Well if you can get it from doffs thats OK but I don't do doffs, not my thing. I prefer doing it myself than some cooldown timer waiting to see if the computer decides if you completed the task or not!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Rihannsu
# 30
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Well if you can get it from doffs thats OK but I don't do doffs, not my thing. I prefer doing it myself than some cooldown timer waiting to see if the computer decides if you completed the task or not!
That's unfortunate, you can get a lot of gear from it too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Closed Thread