Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Romulan fleets
01-05-2013, 09:05 AM
... is what we will nee when we get a Romulan faction. And since we have all seen one or two fleets with too few members and difficulty to get to tier 2, 3 or 4, Romulan fleets will have to be large in order to catch up.

So, I ask you: Do we already have an organized Romulan community in the game that might serve as a seed for a Romulan fleet once the faction is there? If not, maybe we should found one?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 2
01-05-2013, 09:15 AM
jumping the gun a bit arn't we? :p

I assume If a 3rd faction is released, there will be a large influx of people making their own fleets, complaining that they need lower REQs to catch up, then after a few weeks just accept it.

Smaller fleets will dry up and merge with larger ones, or if the 3rd faction is a flop, have less people in the fleet than your average KDF fleets, which most players only use a their secondary fleet for their federation toons,

But hey, im just a cynical person :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
... is what we will nee when we get a Romulan faction. And since we have all seen one or two fleets with too few members and difficulty to get to tier 2, 3 or 4, Romulan fleets will have to be large in order to catch up.

So, I ask you: Do we already have an organized Romulan community in the game that might serve as a seed for a Romulan fleet once the faction is there? If not, maybe we should found one?
Well, it will get filled with either player characters or by more or less idle alts, depending on what we will get as a Romulan faction. I would certainly like playing a Romulan even if this faction would be just pure level 50 endgame without any prior FEs, a faction which unlocks when players have a lvl 50 character in one of the other factions. However I don't know yet if I would join the fleet grind again, regardless of what if offers and how well this faction is developed. It's just too much of a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post

I assume If a 3rd faction is released, there will be a large influx of people making their own fleets, complaining that they need lower REQs to catch up, then after a few weeks just accept it.

Smaller fleets will dry up and merge with larger ones, or if the 3rd faction is a flop, have less people in the fleet than your average KDF fleets, which most players only use a their secondary fleet for their federation toons,

But hey, im just a cynical person :p
Or maybe people will just learn from their experience and build one giant fleetbase together. This behavior certainly exists among KDF where a few 500+ member fleets are steadily advancing to Tier 5, whereas smaller fleets die.

Last edited by eisenw0lf; 01-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
A Romulan faction is going to happen. I know it!!!!!

Quote:
[...]
So let us see that we'll have giant Romulan fleets with 500 members each.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Simple answer

NO MARK REQUIREMENTS

the romulans would hit T5 in a year
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-05-2013, 09:56 AM
To make this a bit clearer: I am asking for people who might already have a Romulan-themed community. Chat channels, existing Fed or KDF fleets, people who just intent to play a Romulan, that sort of thing, so that when it happens, we can set up a big, good Romulan fleet. ^^
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I have two character slots saved for romulan faction
beyond that id need a second account
Rihannsu
# 8
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
http://www.romulanstarempire.com/

this is the fleet i am in. we are not really developing Base or Embassy now, but we wanna start full when the Romulans will be released.

and yes, the bigger the fleet, the faster the progress. inactive members kicked after 2-3 months and so on..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 9
01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I really wish there was a merge fleet with assets option. Meh

I'd like to get embassy consoles some day with my kdf guy. Only way that'll happen is to pay a fleet to swap through -- our four man fleet won't ever manage it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
http://www.romulanstarempire.com/

this is the fleet i am in. we are not really developing Base or Embassy now, but we wanna start full when the Romulans will be released.

and yes, the bigger the fleet, the faster the progress. inactive members kicked after 2-3 months and so on..
Interesting... I asume you chose KDF for this? The number of members seems quite high...how many exactly?